Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-30-2020, 01:37 AM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Trigger shoe for 880ss???

Hello,

Looking for ideas of possible trigger shoe for a marlin 880. I like the rifle but the trigger is not very comfortable. Any thoughts on how to improve the feel would be appreciated. I've already replaced springs and pull weight is fine.

Thanks, rc
Old 06-30-2020, 08:02 AM
joet333
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Numrich lists trigger shoes but is out of stock now. Maybe available on Ebay.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/search#...trigger%20shoe

Also, the Rifle Basix replacement trigger is very nice, but more expensive.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:22 AM
oki
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc. View Post
Hello,

Looking for ideas of possible trigger shoe for a marlin 880. I like the rifle but the trigger is not very comfortable. Any thoughts on how to improve the feel would be appreciated. I've already replaced springs and pull weight is fine.

Thanks, rc
I've not had to do any work on my Marlin triggers, but I have a Mossberg Model 353 that had a very uncomfortable trigger.
I reconfigured the inside curve of the trigger with the judicious use of some needle files and crocus cloth. When the trigger felt "right" to my trigger finger, I slipped on a piece of 1/8" heat shrink tubing, right where the pad of my trigger finger rested on the trigger and hit it with a heat gun. Result was a vast improvement of the "feel" of the trigger.
Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2020, 10:05 AM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a ribbed trigger on the 880. It's chrome plated to match the stainless finish. I do have some heat shrink wrap. I am going to have to try that! It would be a simple and cheap fix. I was thinking about plastikote but the heat shrink I already have in my electrical repair box. If it feels good after I'm done, that's all that matters and I won't need to buy the shoe. I put a lighter return spring than the one I had last night. Passes bump test. I didn't touch the sear spring. My Ruger 77 has a crisper trigger by design and smooth blade but I like the slim marlin as a knock about rifle.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:54 AM
pipestone
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
The heat shrink is a good idea

In the past I have fashioned my own using J.B. weld., moldable /fileable, using the existing trigger, you can even polish and paint

A trigger shoe can interfere with disassembly, I'm not one to take on and off.

pipestone
Old 06-30-2020, 03:35 PM
alum572
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (45)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipestone View Post
The heat shrink is a good idea

In the past I have fashioned my own using J.B. weld., moldable /fileable, using the existing trigger, you can even polish and paint

A trigger shoe can interfere with disassembly, I'm not one to take on and off.

pipestone
Remington 514 with a very sharp trigger . . . I didn't use heat shrink for this very reason but I did use a small piece of clear plastic tubing which I can push on or take off as needed for disassembly.