NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Canít Decide

Looking to buy a new Bullseye pistol bud canít decide,
#1 Ruger Competition
#2 S&W Victory Target
#3 Browning Buckmark Hunter
Now I will be upgrading the interior parts,just wanted a little input from the Bullseye,Bowling Pin,and Steel Challenge shooters out there.

Thank You
Old 06-20-2020, 12:58 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have not shot the Smith & Wesson but I owned the buckmark and a mark IV and prefer the ruger hands down. The buckmark has a better trigger out of the box but once I put the VQ kit in my mark IV it was game over for the browning and it was sold. The VQ kit in the ruger is honestly every bit as good as my High Standard Citation.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2020, 01:37 PM
Southern1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ruger Mark IV, quck breakdown, very good aftermarket support. Very accurate. Eats all ammo.

S&W Victory, great trigger out of the box, I love the sights. Less aftermarket support, no FFL needed to buy a barrel. Very accurate. Doesn't like SV ammo.

Buckmark, no personal experiance. Least aftermarket support of the 3. No FFL needed to buy a barrel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2020, 01:57 PM
JStacy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
I had a S&W Victory , did not like the grip at all and sold it unfired.
Buck Marks generally are not as accurate as the Ruger guns because the barrel attachment tends to loosen up in use.
Old 06-20-2020, 03:32 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Honestly, sometimes the answer is that you just have to own more than one. I love my Ruger MKII 5.5 in bull bbl target pistol with Volquartsen internals and I also really like my Smith & Wesson Victory with Tandemkross trigger. Both of those pistols have their advantages. Another pistol that I have never owned but would really like to is the Buckmark 5.5 in heavy bbl Field Target, that pistol just really looks cool and looks like it's heft and balance would be great, similar to my Ruger.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:42 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Ruger with volquartsen accurizing kit would be best choice! It is more durable and a lot of upgrades available! You can even buy extra uppers from volquartsen for $40.00 plus ffl transfer ! I have hunter and a lite upper and a 5.5 bull barrel upper you can change them quick and have a variety of sighting options!