Nice Cooper 57M in 17HMR - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-23-2020, 11:27 AM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (55)

Index the receiver filler screws please.

I did 10 Annies with LeRoy. Always a pleasure to deal with, and each one was a masterpiece.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:26 PM
ruthus540
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
THAT is absolutely spectacular, Ron!!! If LeRoy did that for you, he has -- it seems -- outdone himself. Just WOW! I know you truly appreciate a firearm that is also a work of art, so congratulations.

Doug
Thanks Doug. Dad passed on January 2nd this year and I decided to purchase this in his memory. Dad was not a big hunter but he made sure to expose me to hunting and shooting at a young age. My grandfather had a farm in the Shenandoah Valley and when we visited dad would make sure he brought along the Sears Ted Williams .22 complete with scope. We spent hours upon hours shooting at targets nailed to an old stump at 40 yards. Must have run a Thousand rounds down the tube of that gun! Dad always made the adjustments to the tiny scope that always managed to get bumped in transit somehow . I never could figure out why so much target shooting until one day he said “Are you ready to put your shooting skills to the test?” We headed to ND on a camping trip across the US with said rifle in tow only to end up on a 1000 acre family farm. He never mentioned to me what we were hunting until he sat me behind a holding fence 40 yards from a silo. In 30 minutes we went through 200 rounds of ammunition shooting at prairie dogs everywhere! I love my dad! Always a lesson with application to follow.
This rifle, attracted me on many levels but the clincher was the cc emblem on the butt plate. Our last name stars with a U and turned sideways it appears “to me” as UU. It’s the little things.
Ron

Last edited by ruthus540; 06-23-2020 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:34 PM
skwerl457

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
THAT is absolutely spectacular, Ron!!! If LeRoy did that for you, he has -- it seems -- outdone himself. Just WOW! I know you truly appreciate a firearm that is also a work of art, so congratulations.

Doug
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthus540 View Post
Thanks Doug. Dad passed on January 2nd this year and I decided to purchase this in his memory. Dad was not a big hunter but he made sure to expose me to hunting and shooting at a young age. My grandfather had a farm in the Shenandoah Valley and when we visited dad would make sure he brought along the Sears Ted Williams .22 complete with scope. We spent hours upon hours shooting at targets nailed to an old stump at 40 yards. Must have run a Thousand rounds down the tube of that gun! Dad always made the adjustments to the tiny scope that always managed to get bumped in transit somehow . I never could figure out why so much target shooting until one day he said “Are you ready to put your shooting skills to the test?” We headed to ND on a camping trip across the US with said rifle in tow only to end up on a 1000 acre family farm. He never mentioned to me what we were hunting until he sat me behind a holding fence 40 yards from a silo. In 30 minutes we went through 200 rounds of ammunition shooting a prairie dogs everywhere! I love my dad! Always a lesson with application to follow.
This rifle, attracted me on many levels but the clincher was the cc emblem on the butt plate. Our last name stars with a U and turned sideways it appears “to me” as UU. It’s the little things.
Ron
Hey Ron
Thnkz for the reminence , miss my Dad too. Skwerl
Old 06-24-2020, 09:29 AM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (248)
Sorry for the loss of your Dad. I lost my Dad 30 years ago to cancer and I still miss him. The good memories linger. I went back and looked, Ron, and you didn't say whether yours is a .22Lr or a .17HMR? Did you buy that one from LeRoy's collection or have him make it for you?

Doug
Old 06-24-2020, 05:00 PM
ruthus540
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Doug,

This is in 17 hmr from our friend Leroy and I am flying out to Montana to pick it up in October. I sent him a SWAROVSKI Z3 4-12 to mount on it and we a setting up a prairie dog and pheasant hunt for myself and a few of my buddies while we are there. There will probably be a few drinks consumed during the evenings (the good stuff) and many dogs shot at over the coarse of the week in dads memory! Looking very forward to this.
Old 06-24-2020, 06:37 PM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (248)
Sounds fantastic, Ron! What a trip! I've talked with LeRoy many times but never had the pleasure of actually meeting him. Have a great time.

Doug