Bergara B14-R 22LR Barreled Action - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-09-2021, 10:07 AM
JH225
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bergara B14-R 22LR Barreled Action

If one were to have a Bergara 22LR barreled action available, is there any particular stock that it would drop into?

Just trying to determine if I should go with the factory trainer rifle set up or maybe a different stock. Money difference between stock rifle and barreled action is around $400, so thatís the ballpark of the aftermarket stock.

Use will be bench rest and standing position for fun, no competition use.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:21 AM
StanHi

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Theoretically, it will fit into any Remington SA 700 stock or chassis. And this is true, in my experience, however, at times, the bottom metal might create complications. If you purchase a stock you will likely have to also acquire bottom metal. If you choose a chassis- no bottom metal required in most cases. You also need to factor in the barrel channel/contour. I think any varmint contour will accept the Bergara. There are other mitigating factors too: mag release, bolt removal, action screws.

I do not know who makes the oem stock for Bergara. I've heard Grayboe; no idea if that is true.
But it is a fine stock. I have one for competition. I've never felt the need to restock it.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:23 AM
ta6ppc
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Factory stock is pretty good honestly. I lightly sanded down to bare metal and skim bedded mine worked really well.

I have several bravo chassis so I moved mine into the bravo with no issues also no bottom metal required!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2021, 05:28 PM
MarkS
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH225 View Post
If one were to have a Bergara 22LR barreled action available, is there any particular stock that it would drop into?

Just trying to determine if I should go with the factory trainer rifle set up or maybe a different stock. Money difference between stock rifle and barreled action is around $400, so thatís the ballpark of the aftermarket stock.

Use will be bench rest and standing position for fun, no competition use.
I don't think the barreled action comes with the bottom metal, that is extra. I have the factory gun, I like the stock.
Mark
Old 06-09-2021, 07:25 PM
ShooterReady

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I dropped my barreled action into a KRG Bravo. Great stock, no need to buy bottom metal. My gun runs with Bergara mags and Vudoo mags.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:27 AM
snipes

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I purchased a barreled action only because a complete rifle wasn't available. I was also able to drive 30 minutes to purchase it. I also went the KRG Bravo route. I'm happy with it so far, but I am one of the group that's had slight fitment issues with the magazine. I expect to work through it, but if I had to do it all over again for my purposes (non trainer) I'd simply go with the complete firearm.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:03 PM
762x51

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Another Bravo owner here. Had no interest in the factory stock so I went the barreled action route. Brownells had them a while back, good place to order from with their regular coupon codes. No issues with feeding so far, have about 500 rnd through it, not a hiccup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B14R-1920A.jpg (355.2 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by 762x51; 06-10-2021 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-10-2021, 05:01 PM
JH225
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 762x51 View Post
Another Bravo owner here. Had no interest in the factory stock so I went the barreled action route. Brownells had them a while back, good place to order from with their regular coupon codes. No issues with feeding so far, have about 500 rnd through it, not a hiccup.
Is that Bravo stock or has it had add ons?
Old 06-10-2021, 06:03 PM
762x51

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH225 View Post
Is that Bravo stock or has it had add ons?
That is a Bravo stock with addons. Specifically: Arca rail, spigot mount, butt pad height adjuster, bag rider, and Hoptic saddle pad.