Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:48 AM
crippled shot
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
P22 work

Is gun-smithing becoming a lost art?! I need some trigger work done on my P22 and PK380. I can't find a gunsmith!!!! I don't live in an urban area but there are at least five or six cities with-in fifty miles of me with a population of at least fifteen to twenty thousand people. If anyone could help me find a quality gun-smith in the Cape Girardeau, Missouri area it would be greatly appreciated. I would be willing to travel some distance but not real, real far. I am dis-abled and me and car rides don't get along very well. I know this is asking a lot but I don't know where else to turn. None of the local gun stores have in-house gun-smiths and could not even reccommend one to me! I had a good one for years but he died. I had no idea there was such a shortage!!
Old 04-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Imra
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
quick search turned up 3 within 65 miles of you. im sure there are others, might want to talk to the people who work at your local gun shop and see of any they suggest. that search only listed 1 in my town, and off the top of my head i can think of 6, so its far from perfect.

Gunsmith Search

Last edited by Imra; 04-01-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Muttt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mass market places like Walmart and Sportsmans warehouse have put all the little guys out of business. It's really hard to find anyone these days that are able to "do" work for you. Most have closed up shop. Luckily, I have two friends that used to have shops and can do work or help me do it. Once the economy took a dump, those few that were hanging on, just couldn't last any longer.

Mutt