Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Spring Fever!

1K views 56 replies 10 participants last post by  derekcasey 
#1 ·
Anybody else getting it? I am looking forward to shooting the Suhl and mowing the grass and sitting in the porch swing in the evening's:D

#5 ·
I'm with 68, although no snow to speak of in Seattle this year. I do have a few months of rain to look forward to:confused:, which makes mowing the lawn a logistical challenge. A few days of rain will make that stuff grow a mile, yet it's too wet to mow effectively. At least that's what I tell myself as I make the trek through the tall grass to my car in the morning!

Come on summer!

cb:bthumb:

#7 · (Edited)
you know your getting closer when you start to see the g-strings sticking out of the back of pants and nothing but tiny covers for the tops and g-strings at the pools and beaches!!!! i have to stay away from those places!! it gets embarrassing for me there!!! hey i'm just 36 and everything still works just fine!!!! maybe to good at times:D!!!!

yep!! i'm getting spring fever. it got up to the low 60's 2 days ago and i broke out the new tiller and tilled up the corn spot and outlined where i want the rest of the garden at!! a 30ft x 30 ft spot should be enough to grow corn for 2 people and the rest will fit nicely in a 60ft x 60 ft spot i think. i hooked up the 150 watt hps light over my tomato seedlings the other day. not freaking pot people!! real tomato plants!!!! i have to have something to do with my old barrels you know!!!!

COME ON SPRING!! WE ALL NEED YOU NOW!!!!!

#13 ·
heck i went to the range today and shot with just short sleeve
shirt on. got up to 54, finally put a coat on just before dark started
getting below 50. great day to shoot except for snow glare and
having to wade through a foot of snow to put out targets.

#15 ·
well tomc,
how did the shooting go today? i wish it would brake 70 here!!! i'll be out finishing up my rilfes then!!! i refuse to waiste ammo below 65 at the least!! i just have a little over 6 bricks of the best ammo on hand now!!!

i found a eley vender in kentucky i entend to visit later on and get a smoking couple of lots for my rifles!!!!!

#16 ·
It's going to be April, maybe even May before temperatures stay at those temps. Gahhh I hate the late season cold snaps.

My birthday is on April 24th and it has snowed in recent years. I am hoping it is nice this year.

#17 ·
it went okay i took one of the cmp 40xs it did okay considering, it's been
awhile since i've shot rimfire, before thanksgiving. over a lb trigger pull,
no tuner, not bedded, stock stock, not enough flags, and not really good
ammo. and i forgot to take the right cleaning rod.

#18 ·
wrong cleaning rod? doesn't that go inthe are you ready post?

hey it can happen to any of us, and it will sooner or later if it hasn't yet. there are two types of shooters those who will forget something and those that have forgot something!! i forgot my cleaning rod at buckcreek last year myself!!! jackie picked it up and set it back for me.

#23 ·
Got to shoot today. Wind 15 knots from all directions!!!

Still not quite 100% health wise. Man was it windy and switchy. Was testing my CZ 16 inch barrel for cold shot repeatability. Put 4 into a 1/4" and launched one to make a 1/2" group. At least 5 minutes between shots. This gun will be suppressed and will be my a squirrel rifle. Hence the cold shot testing.

Barrel is not floated left the factory pressure point for this testing.

Temperature was 54 degrees!!

#26 ·
First Day I felt well enough!

I still have this darn sinus infection. The fresh air helped. Yeah 54 was very nice. The wind sucked!!

But the testing on the threaded CZ was successful! I am temped to turn every rifle into a benchrest rifle. This CZ still has the factory trigger at 3 lbs. and still shot pretty darn well. This gun hated Eley ammo!!!!!!

I will leave this gun a hunting rifle. Repeat after me "I will leave this gun a hunting rifle"

Bruce

#29 · (Edited)
I spent awhile televising and routing septic sewers that same summer... Yeahhh ending the day covered in sewer water is less than pleasant. Equally disgusting was the day I had to help fix and clean up the recycling center's milk jug shredder. It was in a 15x15 room and hadn't been cleaned up well for awhile so the floor had 2" of plastic chips and chunky brown rotting milk sitting there. I got to use a shovel and 5 gallon bucket to clean it up. It was pretty awful. Worse than any farm work I've done. I think we could have given that "Dirty Jobs" show a run for it's money.

We had set aside one week for sealcoating roads and on the last day we started work at 4 am and had to quit at 9 am because of a storm coming in. It turned out to be the worst storm of the summer and we had 80 mph+ winds in town. We were working without breaks until 4:30 in the afternoon clearing downed trees out of roads and then cleaning up the mess that was made by the rain washing out uncured tar. Chipping up of all of the trees and branches that went down during that storm took an entire month including a fair deal of overtime work. I might be a young man but I do know what it means to legitimately work hard.

There is, however, always something worse.

#30 ·
i'll never forget as a kid walking along the road in the winter and seeing
an ash truck go by about 20 mph and there were 2 guys standing in the
bed in the wind it was about 5 above out, both shoveling ashes out of the
back while standing in a cloud of ash dust, no masks on. this was before
they had spreaders on the trucks. i don't know if they were a couple of guys
from the jail or homeless guys they looked pretty raggedy. but god it must
have been cold and miserable doing that all night standing in the wind. that's
the way they did it back then. i had a friend who worked in a low coal mine
about 3 foot high with water in it. they would have to crawl around on their
hands and knees for up to 10 hour shifts in water 6 inchs or more deep. about
everyone who did that had terrible arthuritus problems later on.

#31 ·
i don't know if they were a couple of guys
from the jail or homeless guys they looked pretty raggedy. but god it must
have been cold and miserable doing that all night standing in the wind.
I don't think that would be the day to wear my good Carhartts to work. We actually did have some local inmates scheduled to help chip brush for us but due to weather it never happened. I was quite dissapointed.

Miserable work? Definitely. Snowplow drivers might have very long shifts and don't get holidays, but man it would beat standing in the bed of a truck with a shovel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.