Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:04 PM
bobv

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Having one of those days!!!

It started with having to repaint the stock of the 81DL, which had too much repair on it to give it a natural finish, the first color turned out something like Ford tractor blue so I go to an other color , but it never comes out right , maybe I have contanimated the stock someway???? So I deceide to sand it , reprime it and repaint..again....so while I was at it ,I deceided to run some Kroil down the barrel ( I managed to find some from a friend who had a gallon of the stuff )but I can't remove the bolt, I had to remove the trigger and sear to do so.....What is the problem??? any ideas??? I had taking it apart before to clean and redo the metal , normally I pull back the trigger and pull out the bolt but not this time!!!
Bob
Old 10-28-2010, 05:55 PM
samblam
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i'm not real sure what's up with the bolt not coming out of your gun, but i paint cars for a living and i'll tell you that the colors rarely come out like they are supposed to so i understand your frustrations, i hope it works out for you and you gt what your after.

sam from kentucky
Old 10-28-2010, 07:07 PM
bobv

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The color I got this time is better , it reminds me of my dad's 69 T-Bird it was Midnight Orchid...
Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2010, 07:49 PM
samblam
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
good to here you got something you like, did you ever figure out your bolt problem.

sam from kentucky
Old 10-28-2010, 07:53 PM
bobv

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No, I put the bolt aside for now ..will look at it tomorrow..it's better that way , work on one thing at a time
Bob
Old 10-29-2010, 02:26 AM
ShakyJake
US Coast Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi Bob
Usually you have to have the safety in either the fire or safe position to remove the bolt. Off hand I can't remember which and don't have a Marlin bolt gun nearby to check. With the Remmies it's both. One way out and the other way in. Give it a try. Oh would like to see the stock in her new color (I presuming that it is a kind of orchid). That is my wife's favorite color. I use it with gifts to get me out of the dog house
TaKe CaRe
Ted

Last edited by ShakyJake; 10-29-2010 at 02:28 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:56 AM
bobv

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well I finally got the stock painted, with no major problems..this time , as mentioned it reminded me of my dad's 69 T-Bird color( midnight orchid) it's a burgundy..sort of..!!! I took some pics but it's hard to describe depending how the light hits it. I know one thing, it's nicer then Ford tractor blue
The 81 is nearly finished , I'm waiting for the TG to arrive , I also found a butt plate ( not Marlin) but it doesn't really fit right ..so I'm working on a aluminium plate...which has it's own challenges
Bob