Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:25 PM
OldSwede
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (95)

Thanks, Chaser! I had almost forgotten those.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:43 PM
TractorMan02

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There are downsides though. Sometimes I have to wait until the critters get out of the way
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190309_094622.jpg (438.6 KB, 20 views)
Old 03-26-2020, 08:02 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TractorMan02 View Post
I agree it is nice to be able to shoot on my own land, In comfort I might add.
That is one sweet range TractorMan
Old 03-26-2020, 08:38 PM
Momo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
You're killing me, TractorMan. As my students would say, that setup is "goals."

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2020, 08:43 PM
TractorMan02

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
Thank you. The range was a long drawn out dream of a friend and I. We started out shooting 22 lr at a table in the yard on the grass. It was hot in the summer and my buddy said man we need to get the sun off of us. So we bought an umbrella,drilled a hole in the table and shot for another year. Then my buddy said man it would nice to have a breeze, so we bought a fan. Then we decided we were tired of picking up the spent casings out of the grass when we were done shooting so we poured a slab. We shot for another year and my buddy said man it would be nice to have a roof over our heads. I got to thinking about it one day and decided that it was headed in this direction so I got another friend to help me build the present shooting house. My shooting buddy did not know anything about it until he came over to shoot with me one day. He sat down looked at me and said I don't think we need anything else. I just laughed. We are blessed and we know it and thank God for the fact that we live in this great country and have the right to pursue a dream like this. Yes we are blessed!
Old 03-26-2020, 08:49 PM
Momo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Thank you. The range was a long drawn out dream of a friend and I. We started out shooting 22 lr at a table in the yard on the grass. It was hot in the summer and my buddy said man we need to get the sun off of us. So we bought an umbrella,drilled a hole in the table and shot for another year. Then my buddy said man it would nice to have a breeze, so we bought a fan. Then we decided we were tired of picking up the spent casings out of the grass when we were done shooting so we poured a slab. We shot for another year and my buddy said man it would be nice to have a roof over our heads. I got to thinking about it one day and decided that it was headed in this direction so I got another friend to help me build the present shooting house. My shooting buddy did not know anything about it until he came over to shoot with me one day. He sat down looked at me and said I don't think we need anything else. I just laughed. We are blessed and we know it and thank God for the fact that we live in this great country and have the right to pursue a dream like this. Yes we are blessed!
Amen and amen.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2020, 07:29 AM
JimSC
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I envy those with backyard shooting ranges. I grew up in a rural area, just outside Beckley W Va, where you could shoot just outside the back door. Now live in the 'burbs where I cannot even set up a air rifle range or the SWAT team would be raiding my property. Currently it is a 45 - 60 min drive each way to the club. We are having a new house built in a neighborhood that will be cut the drive down to 10 minutes but still in a 'burb. I lobbied for a house farther out, but darling wife, who is a city girl wants close neighbors
Old 03-27-2020, 08:32 AM
lefty222
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
First class
Old 03-27-2020, 09:28 AM
flatlander

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very classy shooting chalet TractorMan02. Shows a lot of thought & planning - may you live long & prosper, and enjoy shooting 'in comfort' for all your years!
Old 03-27-2020, 10:04 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
Love it..
Old 03-27-2020, 10:19 AM
midwest swiss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I like the way you think.
Good job

Layed off 60 year old Midwest Swiss
Old 03-27-2020, 11:23 AM
midwest swiss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I live in a city of 20 thousand people and drive 30 miles to a range.
But once a month I drive 90 miles too my home town and my sister lets
me shoot at her 20 acre old hog farm.
Here is my Super Secret Swiss 25 yard test range.

Was a great wind free test range
But now look @ it.

Yah WTHeck that 1948 JD is under the crap....
At least my portable shooting table was not crushed.
The winter of 2018-19 was a bummer lots of snow and a few weeks of -30 below zero.

Last edited by midwest swiss; 03-27-2020 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:32 PM
David U

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This a DYI shooting bench under a cover. It’s a 100 yard range. The cover is really nice during the summer in Texas. The bench plans can be found on a YouTube video.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 703A84AD-D4A9-4AD8-92F6-398BB1EC7146_1585434542153.jpeg (113.2 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by David U; 03-28-2020 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:48 PM
David U

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is my long range (up to 600 yds) targets. Hung the AR500 with bolts on soft metal plate. Then used used old firehouse to hang the targets on some 2” pipe. Set cut up utility poles in a 3’ deep trench as a back stop.

Last edited by David U; 03-28-2020 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:24 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My backyard range, about 60 ft from rear of house. I have 50 yards open to shoot.