Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:53 AM
RCoop
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Waiting

Mine is being shipped along with 2 extra mags. A friend of mine has already had his to the range. Put over 300 rounds through it first time out without any issues. He put several brands of ammo through it and it fed and fired everything.
Mine will be here next week.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:59 PM
Haymarket
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnico357 View Post
I don't get this "training gun understudy" thing. If you want to shoot a 9mm better, shoot a 9mm.
I think most who have tried it would disagree. Not only does it give you way more trigger time at less expense, but it is like improved dry firing, allowing for solid training on trigger control and sight alignment, and helps eliminate recoil anticipation...great training. You want to get good with your centerfire....shoot 5000 good quality shots with a 22lr and then go back.
Old 01-26-2020, 06:06 AM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymarket View Post
I think most who have tried it would disagree. Not only does it give you way more trigger time at less expense, but it is like improved dry firing, allowing for solid training on trigger control and sight alignment, and helps eliminate recoil anticipation...great training. You want to get good with your centerfire....shoot 5000 good quality shots with a 22lr and then go back.
Absolutely! Why does Jerry Miculek train with a rimfire S&W M&P AR rifle, when he gets his ammo for free from his sponsors anyway? Whenever the subject of rimfire training is brought up, some people have to doubt that the experience will carry over to centerfire and improve general shooting skills. Many people consider the .22 l.r. a gun for beginners, like the aforementioned Miculek .

When my sons grew up, we shot over 100,000 rounds through a S&W 22A. 1000 rounds of economy grade .22 l.r. cost around $40, bringing the ammo cost to $4,000. 9 mm economy ammo is about $180 per 1,000 and 100,000 rounds would cost $18,000. $14,000 saved over a few years are a big difference to me.

Last edited by Andyd; 01-26-2020 at 06:14 AM.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:25 AM
1911CCW
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
It looks like .22 Plinkster just did a youtube review on the one he purchased. He seemed to have trouble with any 36 grain ammunition and had POA/POI issues. That's only a sample of one and the first I have heard of this problem. I am watching this issue closely. Here is the video from .22 Plinkster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ginch2koH8E
Old 01-27-2020, 09:12 AM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911CCW View Post
It looks like .22 Plinkster just did a youtube review on the one he purchased. He seemed to have trouble with any 36 grain ammunition and had POA/POI issues. That's only a sample of one and the first I have heard of this problem. I am watching this issue closely. Here is the video from .22 Plinkster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ginch2koH8E
I am one of the glock fanboys people speak about and am intersted in this gun. But, I am also a big 22 Plinkster fan and trust his reviews. Based on this and other reviews I have read, I plan to hold off a while to see how this all plays out before spending my money. My Glock 17 with Advantage Arms upper works great for now!
Old 01-27-2020, 07:34 PM
Terry G
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Now there's two ka booms reported. First round FTF from magazines. I'm letting the smoke clear.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:24 AM
Gmww
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I saw Plinkster's post yesterday and on FB I'm seeing other posts of a G44 showing a cracked slide on the left side and another post of one with a rod/spring poking out of the ejection port. I guess Glock needs to get the bugs out. I just hope no one gets hurt. The photo's can be found on Plinkster's original post evaluating the Glock 44. It's in the comments section below posted 1/27/20.

Edit: On Plinkster's post he muted the volume. It made me wonder if the failure is the result of a squib. I found the same video without it muted and I can hear the last round from the first magazine impacting the plate. So I guess it wasn't a squib.

https://www.facebook.com/militaryarm...21779199/?t=18

Last edited by Gmww; 01-28-2020 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:11 PM
Terry G
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The G44 is on my wait a year or maybe never list. I just fired 32 rounds of Golden Bullet and 32 rounds of CCI 36 Grain HP's through my TX22 to remind myself that some .22's are better than others. Why only 64 rounds? It's COLD out there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3702.jpg (509.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-28-2020, 02:04 PM
lasnyder

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
just put 150 rounds through my G44... it does not take Advantage Arms conversion magazines... OEM magazines are very easy to load, and ran 100%.. has a double recoil spring and feels pretty snappy (in a good way)... typical gen5 trigger, adjustable rear sight... frame other than locking block, looks like other gen 5s... this won't beat my M41 or HS Citation, but not many rim fire pistols will... regards
Old 01-28-2020, 08:39 PM
guckrob

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
satisfied

I've had the GSG 1911 for a long time and I even got a second one a couple of years ago and after a few upgrades they run pretty well. I got the G44 two weeks ago and so far no problems, so I'm going to unload one of the GSG 1911's.

I'm going to try the 36gr test Friday to see if I get the same results, but I've got a large stock of 40gr blazer and that seems to work in everything. The main thing I want is some higher capacity magazines and I'm sticking with the 2 factory mags until something bigger comes out and I know I can count on RFC to be all over any high cap mags for this gun.

The G44 is freakishly light, though and I'm still getting used to that.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:01 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
OOB's are possible with pretty much any Semi-auto, consider who's bad mouthing a gun as some apparently work for Ruger...

I handled a G44 yesterday at my LGS, felt just like my 19's and their variants but with a threaded barrel a $130-150 extra....I'm good for now.

Old 01-29-2020, 09:57 PM
GregP74

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I picked up my G44 last Wednesday. (I'd filled out a 4473 the Friday before that and picked up a few mags for it also. $359 for the gun and 25.99 for the mags.)

I tried it out Thursday morning and put probably 300 rounds through. It seemed to work well.

Started off with a couple handfulls of random ammo that were in a bucket I got from my grandpa back in the 80's. (Figure everything in there is at least 30+ years old. Could be 50 for all I know.) Had one stovepipe but everything else cycled just fine. The rounds were all different manufacturers, weights, and speeds so grouping wasn't great but I was just making sure it worked at that point.

Switched over to CCI Mini Mags after that and things tightened up. Also tried a bunch of the Remington Golden Bullets out of one of those 1200 round bucket of bullets things. They seemed to work just fine also.

Friends have been asking how it compares to my Ruger Mark IV Competition. Both are fun, but it's comparing apples and oranges. The Glock weighs 1/3 as much, has a much shorter sight radius, and isn't meant to be a target pistol. It's not going to be as accurate, but it's probably just as accurate as I am.

The range trip was a success and when I cleaned it up after I got home didn't find any problems with it breaking or coming apart. I'm happy.
Old 01-30-2020, 05:38 PM
12Bravo
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Local shop has one and I checked it out this morning. They are asking $380 for it. It seems like a well built 22 and does have a nice trigger. Unfortunately Glock pistols just don't fit my hands so it stayed in the store. I do like seeing more factory 22lr pistols becoming available.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:03 PM
supersharp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymarket View Post
Old 01-30-2020, 08:17 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry G View Post
The G44 is on my wait a year or maybe never list. I just fired 32 rounds of Golden Bullet and 32 rounds of CCI 36 Grain HP's through my TX22 to remind myself that some .22's are better than others. Why only 64 rounds? It's COLD out there.
Since it's too cold to go outside perhaps you could do a little dusting.