Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:12 PM
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Age of Weaver V7-1

Went to the gun show today and picked up this Weaver scope. It is a 2.5-732 I believe. Has straight fine reticle, I hope I can see well enough in the timber.
Questions are,
1. What years did they make these?
2. Can I open this up to clean lenses without effecting anything?
I bought this to put on a Mossberg 142a and I think it matches up very well, would they be the sam era?
Thanks for any info you may give, I will try to put on pics tomorrow.
Glenn
Old 09-14-2015, 10:34 AM
Add1more
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Weaver V7

Without seeing your scope, I can't offer definitive information but I have a Weaver V7 steel tube scope made by Weaver in El Paso that I purchased in 1967. Assuming it is still sealed do not open up ypur scope because it is nitrogen filled to avoid internal moisture which would occur if the nitrogen is released.

I do not use mine anymore because point of aim on mine moved as power adjustment changed.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:29 PM
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Thanks for the info, i wont open the scope up. Took the rifle out shooting today and the scope worked very well. Adjusted it from both ends of the power side a couple of times and it seemed to stay on zero well, horizontal and vertical adjustments also worked very well. Went over to one of my friends and he gave me a set of old Weaver rings which will match much better than the ones in the attached picture, I will probably put them on tomorrow.

Shot several different types of ammo at 25yd to zero and get ready for squirrels then I just had time for one group at 50yd and had Rem GB loaded up. Its not the tightest group but considering I was in a hurry it is still good enough to kill sqirrels. Will do a little more playing to nail down which ammo will group better at 50yd.

Here is another pic of model info.

I'm thinking its early to mid sixty's vintage scope but I'm guessing. If anybody can nail down the year a little better please let me know.
Thanks again
Glenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2015, 06:54 PM
Texan22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
I bought my first one in 1967. Good scope.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:38 PM
Pa22Rimfire
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I know this thread is old but thought I would answer the OP's question. I have the same exact Weaver V7-1. I have it mounted on my early 1970's Ithaca/Tikka 222/12 ga. O/U combo gun I use for fall turkey hunting. This Weaver model was made from 1973 to 1977.