ABRA Caddo Gun Club Tournament 7/15/17 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:17 AM
hi2utoo
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up ABRA Caddo Gun Club Tournament 7/15/17

The Caddo Gun Club hosted their ABRA club tournament this past weekend and it was a grand slam success with a large turnout, great food and southern hospitality second to none.
Six of us loaded up in the ABRA Taxi with wheel man Joe Chacon making the trip from South Texas, Dale and Mark coming over from the DFW area, the Haley boys, Jim, Rick and Wade get the prize for longest drive making the trek from Georgia, 10 plus hours of drive time. Note those boys are hard core for they loaded up late Saturday to drive all night to make it back home to shoot their ABRA match Sunday at their club and heard they turned some big numbers to boot.
Well to the match, it was a nice sunny day, yes it was hot and muggy, come on now this is Louisiana in the middle of July so if I told you it was 80 degrees with 30% humidity youd know that I was selling a load of spoiled onions. But there was plenty of fluids to be had and an industrial fan that was probably a converted former 747 engine taking off behind the line to stand in front of if so inclined. Wind, well yes we had some wind, left, right, east, west maybe north and south at the same time, other words if you wanted switchy/twitchy you got it. I saw some things going on with the wind that Im not sure Ive ever seen before, all the flags lined up to the right on one lane and the next lane one all the flags pointing left, sure its just a switch rolling over the range but itd hold that way for 5-10 seconds, what the heck is that. I finally came to the conclusion some of the Southern LA. Voodoo was paying us a visit.
Everybody had their bets on their favorite horses for the Unlimited gunners and envelope please, Jim Haley, yes one of those bandits from the peach state took home the win. At the midway point it was the Jim and Joe Chacon show and Joe was up but Jim kept picking away and on the last target he took the shovel and buried ole Joe. Now consolation to Joe, Jim was shooting a new rifle that came out of the Chacon shop so if youre going to get beat it does take a little of the sting off knowing you got beat by some of youre own handy work. OK some of the more traditional scripting here.

Unlimited total 18 shooters on the line.
1st Jim Haley - High Target 2 and 6 with a pair of 197s
2nd - Joe Chacon High Target 3 - 197
3rd - Allen Taylor
4th Lisa Chacon
5th Les Williams High Target 5 - 197
6th Luke Restivo - High Target 4 - 194
7th Rick Haley
8th Robert Eaton
9th Toby Self
10th Eddie Robertson High Target 1 197

We also had some factory shooters, but I didnt get a copy of the match results so Ill need to update later.

In closing again want to think all the Caddo Gun Club members for the great hospitality, Jerry Smith for arranging hotel rooms, taking us out for a super dinner Friday night and everything else he, Eddie and Jimbo done for us to make the trip a pleasure. Were looking forward to seeing you guys back at Boerne in the near future.

Les Williams
Old 07-17-2017, 07:42 PM
gaboy

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Yes we did

We had a great time also. Enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing our friends from Texas. How about that Jambalaya.

Georgia Boys: Rick, Jim and Wade
Old 07-24-2017, 10:45 PM
MrsShootingThing

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good Food

That was darn good food.

I think that I am still full from all we at that weekend.
Can't wait to go back.

Lisa