Tippmann Arms making a 22lr? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:58 PM
CJT50
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tippmann Arms making a 22lr?

Tippmann Arms is getting into the 22lr world?

IIRC they make airsoft guns.... Link \/

http://tippmannarms.com/tippmann-arms-m4-22/
Old 07-20-2017, 10:29 AM
Baby Automag

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
One is "Tippmann" (paintball guns), the other is "Tippmann Arms" (real firearms). Both located on same street but different address, like 4 blocks away from each other, they have different phone numbers also. Maybe owners are related to each other or something who knows.
I'll bet if you call one and ask they could tell you a story about it.

Last edited by Baby Automag; 07-20-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:02 AM
satchel22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There's also tippman armory that make rolling block rifles. I think all three are connected. The AR looks good since it looks like it uses standard AR parts with the exception of the safety.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2017, 11:09 AM
ivan

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
One of the Tipmpmanns made belt fed scale models of the various machine guns in 22lr... some even got converted and registered before '86...
Old 07-22-2017, 11:25 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan View Post
One of the Tipmpmanns made belt fed scale models of the various machine guns in 22lr... some even got converted and registered before '86...
They didn't get converted, they were built as full auto machineguns. I know several people with original Tipmann full auto's
Old 07-22-2017, 12:08 PM
Boerboel
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
22 Plinkster on U-tube has a video review of the 22 rifle.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:58 PM
Kabob

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Interesting. Looks like they are the same folks who make the Tippman Boss manual leather sewing machine.
I do leather work as a hobby and I'm scheming on how to come up with$1500 for one with some basic accessories.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:53 PM
rjferber
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
The Tippmann Arms M4-22 appears identical (in appearance) to the Tippmann M4 Carbine Airsoft version (minus the orange muzzle tip) I bought a few years back. Interesting the price of the two products is not that far apart.

The M4 Carbine (airsoft version) is rather fun to shoot in the basement. CO2 powered with 80 rounds in a mag, has a (8-15 rps) full auto option, I have a red dot on mine. It's a well made product when compared to other airsoft products . . . but then again from the price one should expect that. I think this particular Tippmann company was big into paintball products and this was their first venture into the airsoft area (a few years back) - but probably a bit pricy for the average airsoft consumer.

It appears the aforementioned 22 LR version in this thread . . . is a similar venture by another Tippmann company. Can anyone list the number of companies currently making AR's?

I looked at a couple of reviews on the Tippmann Arms M4-22 and all seemed very positive . . . I have a S&W M&P 15-22 and like it, but the reviews seem to hint the Tippmann is even better . . .

Last edited by rjferber; 08-05-2017 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Additional Comments on Reviews
Old 10-24-2017, 03:21 PM
NFA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here's my review and pictures of the M4-22.
I'm very happy with it, especially suppressed. There are a few videos on the page too. I've modified it some to make it mine, so to speak. One of the best improvements was free floating the barrel. As you can see from the accuracy video it's well worth it. I was shooting at 100 yards with multiple cameras on a closed range. (I didn't want some idiot shooting my camera!) I was shooting super-sonic rounds so it's a lot louder than the sub-sonic ones.
I am really impressed with this gun. My 10/22's have taken a back seat to it. It's very deadly to the local tree-rat population! With the suppressor they never hear the shot coming.