The "I still want to argue about whether I should participate in the recall" thread - Page 5 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:59 PM
fourbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Apparently some folks resent Ruger giving employees an extra day off for the 4th of July. This just boosts Ruger's reputation one more notch up in my book. Grateful employees may equate to better work and a stronger company. Plus its a good gesture regardless of any theoretical payback.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:30 PM
Pmiya
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I received the same email this afternoon. My box was received on 06/26/17 and mailed back the same day. It was delivered to Ruger on 06/29/17. I dropped the box off at the post office and the clerk had some concern about it being a flat rate priority box and the label not for a flat rate. She checked the weight of the box and said it was under 1 pound so it was okay. I also sent the Volquartsen sear back to be modified at the same time.

Must be my year for recalls. Had to send a lawn mower back in May. Just had 3 recalls done on one vehicle today and scheduled an appointment to have a recall done on my truck.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:41 PM
jackjr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got an email today

Received my email from Ruger today. I hope to be able to finally shoot my new pistol as the physical therapy for my shoulder is now to the point of lifting weights straight away from my body. I will try doing that with the heavier pistol today and then tell the therapist about it Friday just to watch her roll her eyes. I wonder if I should try the Weaver stance?

Last edited by jackjr; 07-05-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:46 PM
goldenpony

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking My Mark IV and the Recall

I got exactly the same email MarkB1 did today. I checked my tracking number and my frame was delivered to the reception desk at Ruger in Prescott today.

My sear was delivered to Volquartsen's P.O. Box on July 1.

Hopefully I'll get both back in a week-10 days or so. Woo Hoo!

Last edited by goldenpony; 07-05-2017 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:35 AM
ShakeyHand

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I also got the letter today so hopefully the box will get here soon. Meanwhile, it's off to the range tomorrow - I just can't help myself; it is too much fun!
Old 07-06-2017, 02:01 PM
HarryTheCat
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My box arrived today!

I received the box and instructions from Ruger this morning, and it was very nicely packaged with a pre-paid/addressed Priority Mail box, bubble bag, serial number tape to be placed on the trigger guard, and instructions for mailing. I packed up the grip frame and dropped it off at the P.O. this afternoon. It's supposed to rain here about every day for the next week, so this is a good time to send it off.

I wrote down the tracking number from the Priority Mail label, so that I can check to see when it arrives at Ruger, and how long they actually have it.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:27 PM
langenc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They will have 4 days-or parts thereof total..
Old 07-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Z400ACDC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
While my MKIV is at Ruger, I have been shooting my MKIII 22/45 fluted Hunter with two pound VQ trigger. It showed me how bad the MKIV trigger is!
Old 07-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Bassyaks

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
3weeks and no box, there's no excuse that they can't get a box out. I can just imagine how long it will be before the gun is returned.
Glad I like shooting my S&W22 better.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassyaks View Post
3weeks and no box, there's no excuse that they can't get a box out.
They are pacing the boxes to prevent backlog at the factory.

Would you be happier if they had sent the box right away and your grip had been sitting at Ruger's factory for the last three weeks?
Old 07-09-2017, 12:52 PM
Rocinante
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post

Would you be happier if they had sent the box right away and your grip had been sitting at Ruger's factory for the last three weeks?
Yes......and another thing I've noticed is a person who GOT his box but said he was gonna hold off on shipping his frame until things calmed down a bit.

So........he's messing up Ruger's plan as well by failing to send the frame when he gets the box.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:35 PM
langenc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Exactly..

Ive heard of gunsmiths having guns for couple years. I even know of a fellow that snt a couple guns to get something done n another and then died. Of course no one knows who it was and the household is all gone now and so is the gun.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Brent

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Quote:
3weeks and no box, there's no excuse that they can't get a box out. I can just imagine how long it will be before the gun is returned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post

Why did this come to mind?

Brent
Old 07-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Joe Ruger
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
disappointed

I paid near 600 for my new Ruger Competition at a gun show and a week later I get the recall notice. That was nearly 2 months ago. Still waiting for a box and prepaid shipping label. I traded a mint Dan Wesson .357 revolver plus cash for the Ruger and have regretted it ever since. The 100 rounds I got to fire did little to improve my opinion of Ruger, whose quality control and customer service are slipping badly. Bill Ruger would not have stood for it.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:07 PM
MarkB1
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I sent my XD-S in for recall to Springfield and I had to wait two months to get it back. Ruger is pacing the recall so they don't back up and to inconvenience the owner as little as possible.