The "I still want to argue about whether I should participate in the recall" thread - Page 13 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:11 AM
mongochicago
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

The volquartsen kit alleviates the "problem", I had the kit installed and won't be sending the gun back. It's a better trigger anyway. Just like their single action safety recall, I am sure that there is no time limit. If you ever want have the rework done, they'll do it. Enjoy shooting it and stop worrying.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:35 AM
Big-Dummy
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSC View Post
I paid to have a Volquartsen kit installed on my Mark IV. Now I have to pay to have it removed so I can return the pistol for the recall repairs. And then I get to pay to have the upgrade installed again. And Ruger offers me a magazine??
Watch the video and remove/install the VQ guts yourself. It's not hard.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:24 AM
ammohog
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Dummy View Post
Watch the video and remove/install the VQ guts yourself. It's not hard.
I'm really on the fence about the VQ kit for my Competition. The accuracy from a rest at 25 yards averages about 1/2" to 1" scoped from the bench. This is with Wolf MT, and CCI Standard isn't far behind it. The average is close to 3/4". Scoped at 50 yards, there are times I miss a 6" plate at 50 yards from a rest. I may not have found the right ammo. Until I do find the right ammo, spending money on a VQ Kit at this time is "lipstick on a pig". I guess the S&W 41 has ruined me. Then again, it may be time for the "JB treatment. I always get "lucky-er" after the JB experience. Meanwhile, I'm going to try and wear out the MK IV. It is a fun gun to shoot. Since I got a Contender pistol with a .22LR match barrel, it has put a new light on accuracy from a pistol. I know this isn't apples to apples, just cold hard facts. Any suggestion on ammo would be fantastic. I sent mine in for the recall. From Post Office back to my mail box was 17 days. I've got kids and grand-kids that go to the range with me, I don't want anything bad to happen 'cause I got an attitude about a recall. Later Gator .......... AH

Last edited by ammohog; 09-15-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2017, 12:14 PM
Daver60
US Marines Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
MKIV ammo

I've shot several different kinds through my MKIV Hunter model... I settled on Norma Match 22 @ 1100 fps. Try a box and see.... it's not too expensive either. I Have installed the VQ kit, and my gun isn't going in for upgrade, it's already upgraded, and the safety works as designed. BTW, the VQ kit makes a difference on accuracy, match triggers always do.

Last edited by Daver60; 09-15-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:16 PM
Big-Dummy
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammohog View Post
I'm really on the fence about the VQ kit for my Competition. The accuracy from a rest at 25 yards averages about 1/2" to 1" scoped from the bench. This is with Wolf MT, and CCI Standard isn't far behind it. The average is close to 3/4". Scoped at 50 yards, there are times I miss a 6" plate at 50 yards from a rest. I may not have found the right ammo. Until I do find the right ammo, spending money on a VQ Kit at this time is "lipstick on a pig". I guess the S&W 41 has ruined me. Then again, it may be time for the "JB treatment. I always get "lucky-er" after the JB experience. Meanwhile, I'm going to try and wear out the MK IV. It is a fun gun to shoot. Since I got a Contender pistol with a .22LR match barrel, it has put a new light on accuracy from a pistol. I know this isn't apples to apples, just cold hard facts. Any suggestion on ammo would be fantastic. I sent mine in for the recall. From Post Office back to my mail box was 17 days. I've got kids and grand-kids that go to the range with me, I don't want anything bad to happen 'cause I got an attitude about a recall. Later Gator .......... AH
I had an M41 until recently when a buddy offered me $1,100 for it. I liked it, but not enough to pass that up. There is not a whole lot of accuracy difference, if any, between the M41 and the Ruger semi-auto pistols. Machined steel vs stamped steel or polymer, yes, but practical difference, especially after addressing to abysmal trigger pull from the factory, is nil IMO. I'd like to find a good Contender frame to play around with. I've got some .30-30 dies, brass, bullets, and a couple pounds of 748 laying around I'd like to use up. I like my lever guns, but a contender would be a lot of fun. Maybe even Ackley it.