Bmag Trigger Job by a Novice - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:36 PM
aldeerhunter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bmag Trigger Job by a Novice

I got bored this weekend watching it rain, so I decided to go all in on trying to get the annoying amount of creep out of my bmag trigger. I have not been able to find much detail info on the internet specifically dealing with the bmag trigger. So, I first looked for a replacement trigger in case I tore it up. It looks like Riflebasix Savrat trigger will work as a replacement and upgrade, although I am waiting to here back from them confirming the same.

So, with the replacement trigger located, I began to take the trigger out. Pulled the c clip holding the pin and the trigger drops out. What I was not aware of was that there is a very small spring behind the accu part of the trigger that pushes it back after it is depressed. Dropped the spring and I am still looking for it. First I was worried but as it turns out, losing that spring was a good thing.

The accu part of the trigger, the first blade that you push in, to engage the real trigger, dropped out with the spring. After fumbling around with the trigger, the adjustment knob and spring, I got focused in on the task at hand. I realized that I did not have the proper files so I went to harbor freight and purchased a needle file set for seven dollars. Problem was, I was not at all sure what part needed sanding or filing.

So, I ended up filing the 90 degree turn on the trigger and also polishing the entire trigger. I was careful keep the 90 degree break on the end of the trigger at 90 degrees, taking off just a little at a time. After I buffed the area, I reassembled the trigger and tested it. It took three times but I finally got the result I was looking for.

As for the accu blade. Since I did not have the spring, I could not put it back on. Turns out that leaving it out, did not hurt performance. It acts like a regular trigger. I was concerned that leaving it off may make the rifle unsafe, so I tried to drop fire it, and also tried to make it fire by slamming the bolt. No can do.

The neat thing is, the trigger now breaks crisply at around 16 oz. In order to get it set this low, you have to twist the spring all the way up into the housing and hold it there while you seat it into the notch behind the trigger. Once in place, it will stay in place, but if you do not hold it, the spring adjustment has a tendency to pop back off, making the pull heavier.

Now, I apologize for not posting any links or pictures. I tried but could not figure out how to post links inside this post.

If I figure it out, I will post some links to show where I sanded, and what I used.

I must say, my bmag trigger is now just as crisp as the jewell trigger on my custom 7mm stw.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:59 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Welcome to RFC Al~
Nice write up and great Jewell comparison trigger tune-up.
It may be too soon for you as a new member to post pix, dunno how that works, but here's a tutorial how to if you wanna see if it isn't too soon- https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...wpost&t=510505
Old 05-22-2017, 08:41 PM
aldeerhunter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks. I will check it out. Its hard to explain, but really not complicated at all. I did not have to take the trigger completely apart to get the creep out. There is a pin in the trigger box that you can pull to take the parts inside the box out. Glad it was not necessary.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:50 PM
sicumj
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Along with the bump and bolt slam test I do one more when working on triggers. With safety applied pull trigger, then with finger off trigger release safety. Gun should not go off. Best method I've found for locating lost parts is to get down on the floor and slowly sweep with a flashlight beam.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:16 PM
B23
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I tuned up the trigger on my Bmag about a year ago and it made a significant difference. Sanding the sear square and making it burr free then polishing it up with a dremel and a dab of flitz did wonders on mine. I didn't take the spring out of mine but I did clip a couple coils off of it so it now takes very minimal pressure to pull back. Comparing it to a Jewell is a bit of a stretch but tuning them up certainly makes a much better trigger out of them. I've now tuned the trigger on my 93/17, A17, and Bmag with great results.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:49 PM
Lastshot
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I must have gotten lucky, my Bmag has a good trigger, clean light break.