Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-16-2005, 08:28 PM
1722Magman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Excel Arms Accelerator 22 WMR

I finally made it out to the bench last week to try out the Accellerator.

I came away very impressed with the function of this little semi-auto.
It has upward of 500+ rounds through it and the only glitch with feeding is the Winchester rounds, both 40 and 34 gr seemed to have trouble feeding. Everything else fed smoothly!

Accuracy was as good as I could expect from this diminutive rifle. The most accurate round was from CCI. Their 40gr hp came in tops with groups of 1" at the 100 yd line.

Second was the CCI +V rounds @ 1.25" down at 100 yds.

Federal made a good showing with the 30gr shooting a snick larger group than the +v round.

Federals 40gr was mirror image of the fed 30 gr round.

Rem premiers were right in the mix with 1.4" groups.

Rem 40gr shot 2.5". ( Ick )

CCI TNT went around the 2" mark.

PMC, BOTH 40GR loads were less than impressive at 2.5"

The length of pull is too short for someone my size! You need to install riser blocks for scope mounting with the correct rings to find the sweet spot for shooting comfort.

It is rather compact @ 32.5" oal. The rifle shoulders and carries fine, even when tipping the scales at just over 8#.

Need more time to get used to this rifle so only time will tell wheather it's going to earn a spot in my safe or not.

Don't know if anyone else has one but hopefully their comparison can be beneficial along with my report to aid in decision making for others who may be interested in purchasing one.

1722 Magman
Old 04-17-2005, 08:22 AM
Chum

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good report. Neat little rifle. Strange how the CCI Maxi mags and the Rem 40 hps shot so much different. I wonder what is different about them. Were the Remingtons the old style bullet or do they have the same CCI bullet?
Old 04-17-2005, 05:35 PM
1722Magman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ammo

Chum,

The Rems seemed to be the older fodder. Maybe that's the difference between the two accuracy wise.

1722Magman