mark iv case - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:05 PM
kastner03

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
mark iv case

has anyone bought the plastic case for the mark iv from ruger ? it appears from the pictures on the website that you have to take the gun apart to put it in the case

also for a gun with a msrp of almost $700 i think it's crazy that they can't give you a case that probably costs them $5 to make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2017, 02:56 PM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Unhappy case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastner03 View Post
has anyone bought the plastic case for the mark iv from ruger ? it appears from the pictures on the website that you have to take the gun apart to put it in the case

also for a gun with a msrp of almost $700 i think it's crazy that they can't give you a case that probably costs them $5 to make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, I was surprised at the card board box. MY biggest disappointment was the lack of a scope rail included in the package. even my 200. 10/22 included one!! now I have to spend another 20.00+ to obtain one. oh well, cant have everything I guess, I am so pleased with the pistol I can let it slide! I carry my pistols in folders inside my range bag so no need for a hard case. I cant believe you have to disassemble the gun to put it in the case!

Last edited by jon p; 01-09-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:19 PM
valor1

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Never bought the plastic case. My Mark IV is always in the range bag ready for range time. Otherwise, it's in the vault with his other friends.

Ruger has been stingy in some aspects (call it profitability or corporate greed) but as long as the product is shooting then everything is all right.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:56 PM
22/45 Fan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by valor1 View Post
Ruger has been stingy in some aspects (call it profitability or corporate greed) but as long as the product is shooting then everything is all right.
Perhaps their motive is to keep the selling price as reasonable as possible to allow more shooters to buy them. How many MkIV's would sell if the price was $50 or $100 higher? Yes the box and rail aren't costly individually but it quickly adds up.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:01 PM
Florida Guy

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I suppose if they save $10 or $15 per gun sold that adds up when you sell enough.
I think it's wrong that you don't get scope rail and plastic box, just for the record.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:31 PM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Wink YUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Guy View Post
I suppose if they save $10 or $15 per gun sold that adds up when you sell enough.
I think it's wrong that you don't get scope rail and plastic box, just for the record.
yes, the times they are a changing!! I can do without the box but I just found a new ruger factory black rail on e-bay for 18.85, no tax and free postage. yes, about 3.00 cheaper than shop ruger .com and ruger charges 12.00 shpping! same for the 55.00 panel grips, 55.00 from ruger plus 12.00 shipping. 32.85 on e-bay , no tax and free shipping. I cancelled my back order with ruger and bought them items off e-bay. EVEN with my 20% off ruger coupon I saved over 30.00 bucks.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:36 PM
xdm9mm

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I bought this one from amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-09-2017, 11:30 PM
Luvthemtorts

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm View Post
They work like a champ.
I am addicted to their products because they also make some really nice cartridge boxes for reloads as well. If you live close to a Sportsmanship Warehouse you're golden since thy carry an extensive line of MTM products.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:23 AM
jimjc

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I've been a Ruger fan for a long time but I have to admit it was cheap of Ruger not to include a case with my new Mk IV hunter. That said I have many padded soft cases that I use to take the guns to the range. Plus they take up much less space in the safe to store, hard cases are generally to large.

Not supplying a scope rail is worse, my S&W Victory 22r came with a scope rail and this gun was a whole lot less expensive.

Last edited by jimjc; 01-10-2017 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:06 AM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As far as the case is concerned, I have owned many Ruger handguns that were shipped with the plastic case, and I have never used the plastic case on any of them to store or transport them. So, maybe Ruger isn't too far out of line to not include the case and let those who use them buy them. Just a thought.

Last edited by wproct; 01-10-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:42 PM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjc View Post
I've been a Ruger fan for a long time but I have to admit it was cheap of Ruger not to include a case with my new Mk IV hunter.
Not including a plastic box isn't new. My Les Baer 1911 cost 4X what my MkIV did and it also came in a cardboard box.

As noted, those plastic cases are rarely used and wind up just taking up shelf space. I agree the lack of the rail is more of an issue but at least they still do include two magazines.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:15 PM
rapidray

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22/45 Fan View Post
Not including a plastic box isn't new. My Les Baer 1911 cost 4X what my MkIV did and it also came in a cardboard box.

As noted, those plastic cases are rarely used and wind up just taking up shelf space. I agree the lack of the rail is more of an issue but at least they still do include two magazines.
+1 I will be needing one for the red dot when I get it.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:18 PM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidray View Post
+1 I will be needing one for the red dot when I get it.
Remember, the MkIV takes the same rails as the MkIII and factory D&T'ed late issue MkII's so there are a lot of choices.

Ruger, Volquartsen, Weigand Combat and others all sell them. The Picatinny rail sold by ShopRuger for $15 is the least expensive (when it's back in stock) and the Weigand Weig-A-Tinny rail made for factory drilled and tapped pistols is not much more and is probably the best made.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:55 PM
rapidray

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22/45 Fan View Post
Remember, the MkIV takes the same rails as the MkIII and factory D&T'ed late issue MkII's so there are a lot of choices.

Ruger, Volquartsen, Weigand Combat and others all sell them. The Picatinny rail sold by ShopRuger for $15 is the least expensive (when it's back in stock) and the Weigand Weig-A-Tinny rail made for factory drilled and tapped pistols is not much more and is probably the best made.
I am not aware of the Weigand model...will google it.
But my problem will be picking out the red dot!
I am thinking I will be going with the Vortex Venom...it seems to be around $225.00. Nice reviews on that model. Was wanting the RMR...but its more than the pistol. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:49 PM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I am not aware of the Weigand model...will google it.
When you get to the Weigand Combat web site and find the "Weig-A-Tinny" rail for the Ruger Mark series, the first one on top of the page is for non drilled and tapped guns. Scroll down on that page to find the ones made for factory drilled and tapped guns.

Quote:
my problem will be picking out the red dot!
I am thinking I will be going with the Vortex Venom...it seems to be around $225.00. Nice reviews on that model. Was wanting the RMR...but its more than the pistol. Thanks for your suggestions.
Do you really need something that expensive? I have the Bushnell TRS-25 on mine and it works very well and sells for under $90 most places.