Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:56 PM
22/45 Fan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
Bought two bricks of CCI Mini-Mags, less than $10.00 for a 100 pack.
That's about what they are going for around me. If I can catch a special it's about $9/100
Old 01-03-2017, 12:33 AM
druryj

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Academy Sports near me has Mini Mags at $7.99 per 100. I'll be there bright and early! These are my ammo of choice, they run well in all of .22 Firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2017, 06:43 PM
hooverjc
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
It has arrived!

Picked up my Bill Ruger 100th Birthday Mark IV Competition today. Nice work from Ruger.

Last edited by hooverjc; 12-24-2017 at 09:10 AM.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:59 PM
rapidray

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice, I like it! Enjoy
Old 01-04-2017, 06:08 AM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverjc View Post
Picked up my Bill Ruger 100th Birthday Mark IV Competition today. Nice work from Ruger.
What is the finish treatment on the stainless gun? Is that brush, a special hi gloss or the standard Mk IV finish. I have to admit, I am feeling a little bit jealous deep down in my gut.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:24 AM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Wondering if the "Talo Group" is conjuring up any variations of the Mark IV to be sold as their distributor versions. Maybe a 5 inch two-tone with a blue slab side upper and the stainless steel lower?
Old 01-04-2017, 09:19 PM
hooverjc
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Bill Ruger Finish

Just went to the safe and placed the MK IV Hunter beside the Bill Ruger 100 side by side and the finish is the same on both. Same satin like finish. Both nicely done and the Hunter is a good shooter out of the box. Very pleased!
Old 01-04-2017, 09:27 PM
Ledslnger

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2HB View Post
For that kind of money, I'll buy a S&W model 41.

Better be an older 41, sounds like the newer ones quality is decreasing a bit.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:31 AM
1Tinstar
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverjc View Post
I have two Rugers (50th and 60th anniversary models) and I have been wanting a new Mark IV since they hit the shelves! I checked out a target model at my local gun shop and it was such a joy to hit that button and break it down in a couple of seconds! Just as easy to put it back together. I had been trying to decide on which one to get and then I saw this posting. Well, mine has been ordered and there are only two left! What a nice package. Can't wait to get it! Thanks to the original poster for bringing it to my attention!
Old 01-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Bill T

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just pulled the trigger on one of these just now. Davidson's had been showing "A*", meaning allocated. Today I just noticed they were showing 10 in stock. After I ordered mine, it dropped to 9. Now it's down to 1 as I type this. They'll all be gone in another few minutes.

It's the best of both worlds, and then some. It has the nice wood grips, plus the Target Sights. I don't care for the shallow "V" notch rear sight on the Hunter Model. And having a "1 Of 1,000" issue with the matching knife doesn't hurt either! I'll most likely be picking it up Wednesday. Can't wait!!

Old 01-09-2017, 10:59 AM
Bill T

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just now checked and they're all gone. They sold 10 of them in less than 10 minutes. For once I was at the right place at the right time.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:02 AM
Bill T

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hooverjc,

Is the cover with Bill Ruger's photo on it, a sleeve that covers the grey plastic box it comes in?
Old 01-09-2017, 11:16 AM
Bill T

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here is a You Tube video that shows the unboxing of one. Simply beautiful gun and knife!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdzZ5oaQgyA
Old 01-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Bill T

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This new 1 Of 1,000 Ruger Mark IV will keep my other 3 Ruger Mark guns company. A Mark II Bill Ruger NRA Commerative Model, (the last of the Ruger Mark II's built). Along with my slab side Mark II Competition Model. And my Mark III Hunter. I like Limited Edition guns. It sets them apart from the common production models you see out there. At least this one will be easy to clean. The downside of Ruger Mark pistols has always been in the disassembly and frustrating reassembly of them.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:19 AM
Bill T

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My FFL called me yesterday to tell me it had come in. Great service from Davidson's. 27 hours from when I clicked the mouse on, "Accept Offer", to when my FFL rang my phone.

The gun is simply beautiful. Without question the nicest Ruger pistol I own. The finish on both the grips and the knife handle is so smooth, it's as if they were dipped in glass. The satin finish on all of the Stainless Steel is beautifully done. I'm almost going to be afraid to shoot the thing it's so nice! Notice I said almost.

I love the target sights. Nice and clear. The sharp, square front blade fits nicely into the nice square rear notch. I noticed some slight differences on this Limited Edition Model. The rear of the bolt has the Ruger emblem filled in black enamel where it has been laser etched. Much like the emblem on the grips and knife. Also, the takedown button is in matching Stainless Steel, and not black like on the Hunter Models. Bill Ruger's signature is deeply laser etched on one side of the slab sided barrel. And "1916-2016... 100 YEARS" on the other side.

It has just enough bling. But not so much as to look gaudy. The knife is simply beautiful. It alone was worth the added cost over the standard Hunter Model. Mine is #721 Of 1,000, so they're coming to the end of the run. The way these things are selling they'll be all gone in no time. So anyone who wants one had better act quickly. If you do you will not be disappointed. I'll try to get some pictures up later. My phone camera doesn't do this weapon justice.