Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:22 PM
22/45 Fan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiremanws View Post
I agree, I was thinking the same thing that your near S&W41 money now.
It's not going to sell to the user market but mostly to collectors, so comparison to other pistols is not reasonable.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:02 AM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbore View Post
I though I already posted, guess I walked away without a click.

I am pleased to see a slab side, MkIV, which was expected eventually. Although, I dont collect knives or commemorates, I might be up for another slab side in a MkIV someday or some MkIV. I dont see any reason to go negative on a such beautiful and tasteful gun or disparage any interested buyers. This is NOT a lot of money for a firearm. The actual cost seem fair enough for what you get.
Sir: Your assessment is "top-notch". We can ONLY hope for a "civil" discussion concerning the Ruger Mark IV and what's currently available, or what isn't as of yet. Nobody guides my decisions but me. If anybody finds fault with what I do, my only recourse is to consider the abhorrent source that provides opposition, and it's normally rejected. There are a very few around RFC whom I consider to be completely "reputable" with their recommendations, and experience with Ruger Mark pistols, of which I've learned to trust, over the 13 years I've been following these forums.
I get a real "hoot" from these one-gun wonders who discover all the solutions to many mundane issues they discover that are involved with the ONLY Ruger Mark pistol they've ever owned. Do I read their posts?, certainly! Should we all believe that that one-gun expert is the messiah we've been waiting for? Well, I know from experience, that RFC members are more savvy than that, and I personally, choose to get my inspiration from testing, trying and using sensible experimentation to evaluate what works and what's BS. Accepting some miracle improvement, without documentation and CLEAR pictures, that provide proof of results, is a flag denoting a "Charliton" of the worst caliber.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:42 PM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
I didn't realize, and really don't care, that a knife was involved. I'll most likely just get "squirrel guts" all over the dang thing anyway.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:08 AM
Pspada1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New to. .22, Need advice on ammo.

For the mark IV, I hear, use high velocity so gun cycles better but also heard that will wear the gun out faster. Also, for break in... will that not be to harsh forvthe gun? Does standard velocity work decent in the Ruger? What brands are really good to buy?

Last edited by Pspada1; 12-30-2016 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Wrote too fast,errors lol
Old 12-30-2016, 08:09 AM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pspada1 View Post
For the mark IV, I hear, use high velocity so gun cycles better but also heard that will wear the gun out faster. Also, for break in... will that not be to harsh forvthe gun? Does standard velocity work decent in the Ruger? What brands are really good to buy?
My MkIV cycles both standard velocity and high velocity ammo with complete reliability. Shoot what your local store carries and is affordable.

As to high velocity wearing the gun out, maybe it will do so in 150,000 rounds instead of 175,000 rounds that standard velocity will take. It's not a consideration.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:25 AM
REdwin89
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Maybe you heard that "hyper velocity" ammo will wear the gun out faster. Not hi-velocity.

Last edited by REdwin89; 12-30-2016 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:25 AM
edlmann
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
For the mark IV, I hear, use high velocity so gun cycles better but also heard that will wear the gun out faster. Also, for break in... will that not be to harsh forvthe gun?
Break in with a brick or so of high velocity; after that, HV or SV should work.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:17 PM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by REdwin89 View Post
Maybe you heard that "hyper velocity" ammo will wear the gun out faster. Not hi-velocity.
I'll bet you're right. I don't as yet have a Ruger Mark IV owners manual to see if they still have the admonition enclosed concerning the avoidance of "hyper velocity" .22 rimfire rounds, mostly CCI Stingers.

It's always good to read where a ~~NEW~~ Ruger Mark pistol arrives and will readily accept .22 rimfire standard velo ammunition. I haven't ever been that lucky, but after exercising the springs through the use of CCI Mini-Mags, the CCI Standard velo, and pretty much all other standard velo .22 rimfire, chamber and cycle just fine. Now, is there an "absolute" number of high velo rounds that once met, the pistol will perform to all expectations? Nope! Every so often during your "break-in" period, try a magazine full of standard velo stuff and see how it does. Once your pistol is there.............it's THERE!

Old 12-30-2016, 03:27 PM
jstanfield103

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I see a few of these models on GunBroker for a little over $800.00 buy it now price. Much more reasonably priced.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:01 PM
David_A_O

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I picked up my Bill Ruger Birthday pistol w/ knife today.

It appears very well made and the knife is tops. It does not come in a presentation case. I like it and I feel it's worth the price. I am not a collector, but I do like good pistols and this one seems to be as well made as I've seen when comparing to my Browning's, High Standard's, Colt's, Smith & Wesson's, ect.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:09 PM
hooverjc
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Mine has shipped!

Got word that my Mark IV Bill Ruger birthday special has shipped so if FedEx works Monday I should have it in hand then or on Tuesday. Will post pictures when I can.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:14 AM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverjc View Post
Got word that my Mark IV Bill Ruger birthday special has shipped so if FedEx works Monday I should have it in hand then or on Tuesday. Will post pictures when I can.
You're so close, they should be able to "walk" it to your house. Congrats, you are now the owner of a very fine version of the Ruger Mark IV. You know............we'll need pictures.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:28 PM
Pspada1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pictures

I will post pictures of course as soon as it arrives. Btw, how did you know i am so close to th dealer?
Old 12-31-2016, 01:34 PM
Pspada1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For my intitial first time out of the box shoot. How did I do for pickking decent ammo?
CCI Mini Mag .22LRHP and...FederalAutomatch.22LR?
Old 12-31-2016, 02:42 PM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
For my intitial first time out of the box shoot. How did I do for pickking decent ammo?
CCI Mini Mag .22LRHP and...FederalAutomatch.22LR?
You certainly can't go wrong there. Close to the dealer? I just guessed.

I was just down in Eau Claire last weekend and stopped at Scheel's All Sport. Bought two bricks of CCI Mini-Mags, less than $10.00 for a 100 pack.