22/45 Fan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by valor1 View Post
Does volquartsen have a video on how to install instead of reading this link:

https://www.volquartsen.com/howto/in...accurizing_kit

Hoping tandemkross sells them so we can have an installation video.
Volquartsen doesn't have an installation video but a Google search will find a YouTube video done by someone who installed a MkII Volquartsen kit in a MkIV and the details are exactly the same except you won't have to modify the trigger.

Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMQlJCNEGso

Also, the same search should find a video on the complete disassembly and reassembly of a stock MkIV so those together with the Volquartsen instructions will show you what to do.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:56 PM
valor1

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22/45 Fan View Post
Volquartsen doesn't have an installation video but a Google search will find a YouTube video done by someone who installed a MkII Volquartsen kit in a MkIV and the details are exactly the same except you won't have to modify the trigger.

Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMQlJCNEGso

Also, the same search should find a video on the complete disassembly and reassembly of a stock MkIV so those together with the Volquartsen instructions will show you what to do.
For unknown reasons I just can't trust the guy on this video. Too many factors that tells me not to trust it.

Just wishing that Volquartsen can do some professional video for installation just like on some tandemkross products at their videos.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:04 AM
Talc

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
There's another video that's pretty helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB9EmYwDyzg

BTW, great looking pistol MrRB!

Old 02-24-2017, 08:06 AM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by valor1 View Post
For unknown reasons I just can't trust the guy on this video. Too many factors that tells me not to trust it.

Just wishing that Volquartsen can do some professional video for installation just like on some tandemkross products at their videos.
I followed the that video as an aid when I installed the Volquartsen kit in my own MkIV Target ands he was correct in all of his details. His contention that the "real" MkIV kit and the older MkII kit differ only in the shape of the trigger was right. I have no idea why you think he wasn't trustworthy.

I agree that a well done video from Volquartsen would be nice but the above video combined with Volquartsen's web site instructions were quite adequate.

Last edited by 22/45 Fan; 02-24-2017 at 08:09 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:14 PM
valor1

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talc View Post

BTW, great looking pistol MrRB!
Great! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:17 PM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talc View Post

That's an excellent video but unfortunately it wasn't available when I did the installation on my MkIV. Between it, the older video I referenced and the Volqartsen web site instructions any reasonably mechanically competent owner should have no problems installing the Volquartsen kit.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:55 AM
gkgeiger
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anyone else have trouble getting the trigger pivot pin out? Mine won't budge. It's a 22-45 Lite.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:17 AM
gkgeiger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got it, their instructions leave a lot to be desired.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:29 PM
gkgeiger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just did my MK-IV 22-45, between the video and the VQ printed instructions it's done. The video is with a MKIII kit and the VQ printed instructions are for a none 22-45 gun probably a Target model. The sear pin kept falling out and the sear spring is PITA to get in place. I also had trouble getting the safety installed. Anyway, it took me about 3 hours. Knowing what I know now I could probably do it in less then an hour. Good luck with yours.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:54 PM
gkgeiger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dumb me, I didn't see the second video offered by talc. If you watch that you will get it done much faster and with less swearing.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:55 PM
Talc

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Lol, that second video wasn't available when I did mine either. It took me longer than expected but, I know that pistol inside and out NOW!
Old 02-25-2017, 06:22 PM
ncbowhnter

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Great. Seems like every time I read another thread on here it costs me money haha
Old 02-26-2017, 08:19 AM
tejano51

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Suggestions anyone?

A couple of weeks ago I successfully installed in the V kit in a Mk II 22/45 that I have owned for many years. I am not mechanically inclined so I found the YouTube installation videos to be quite helpful. I was so pleased with the resulting trigger that I ordered a V kit for my new Mk IV 22/45. I watched the two YouTube videos for the Mk IV. Yesterday, I attempted the installation and completed it 3 different times. However, upon reassembly I was able to fully pull back and release the bolt but when I pulled the trigger the hammer would not fall. I am going to try again later today, but an open to tips!
Old 02-26-2017, 10:32 AM
MarkB1
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Found another video but I need a translator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmooOfQL790
Old 02-26-2017, 11:41 AM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano51 View Post
A couple of weeks ago I successfully installed in the V kit in a Mk II 22/45 that I have owned for many years. I am not mechanically inclined so I found the YouTube installation videos to be quite helpful. I was so pleased with the resulting trigger that I ordered a V kit for my new Mk IV 22/45. I watched the two YouTube videos for the Mk IV. Yesterday, I attempted the installation and completed it 3 different times. However, upon reassembly I was able to fully pull back and release the bolt but when I pulled the trigger the hammer would not fall. I am going to try again later today, but an open to tips!
You've probably over cocked the hammer. It shouldn't be parallel to the frame. It needs to be up around 15-20 degrees.