Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-07-2016, 02:37 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimfiresrule2 View Post
Sorry to butt in but I was in a urban WM today and grabbed 2 Stinger boxes @ $6 something a box. The funny part is the Manager, Angel,opened up the case and suggested Quiets is the same as the one box of SV that I wanted more of. Being this is the Magnum section of discussion, a few weeks ago,he pointed out that my CCI Maxi Mags he just handed me was .22LR.

If he charges you .22 LR prices for the Mag I'd just smile and nod my head. And buy all you can.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:38 PM
Kansan68
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've only been able to find 22 WMR in ONE store around the Little Rock Metro area, and it isn't a Walmart. The (local mom & pop) store is pretty strict about the 1 box policy, but it is between me and work so I've been able to get a little put aside for a rainy day. Heck, even the Walmart closest to my house hasn't had any 22 ammo on the shelf in a long time. Can't stand being in a Walmart for any reason, so I rarely ever go to one.

Kansan

Last edited by Kansan68; 11-24-2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:45 PM
fourbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I believe Walmart has a problem with inventory in general. There is no more 22 shortage these days. I have noticed other (non shooting) product runs down and can be a very long time before it gets replaced and another walmart loaded up. They seem way behind any kind of smart or adaptive inventory system. Even something like dog food or lamp oil after a big storm. It can be months or a year.

I could say the same about walmart customers not adapting to change. I will refrain, and assume that while the Walmart threads keep coming up, that RFC customers have the ability to locate rimfire ammo at others sources.

I dont see any big attraction with Walmart ammo prices. What gives? Is it old habit?

Old 11-27-2016, 03:29 AM
retiredsquid
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Send a message via Yahoo to retiredsquid
Here in Northwest Arkansas Walmart is hit or miss with 22LR and 22WMR, but 17HMR is available.

Cabela's and Academy Sports have had 22LR for quite awhile now, but 22WMR is luck of the draw, Academy Sports prices beat Cabela's

It does appear that more imported rimfire than Made in USA.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:02 PM
Shannon81

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My local Walmart (Central Illinois) has had 22WMR sitting on the shelf for the past three weeks. 50 round boxes of CCI 36 gr HP's for 13.47. I've purchased all I need for the next couple of years. It certainly appears there are not many buyers in this area.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:30 AM
Hippy

TPC Rating: 
78% (5)
None here that I can find in Central & Western Md Been buying a little On Line Freight just Tears me up

Jim
Old 12-16-2016, 07:55 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
NW Arkansas walmarts have always asked if it was for a rifle or a pistol. I believe the register prompts this to the cashier, basically because you can purchase rifle ammo at 18, but have to be 21 to purchase handgun ammo maybe. Not sure if those ages are correct, but there is a difference in the age for rifle and handgun ammo purchases, at least in Arkansas.