Ruger Mark IV I am always one feature short - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 11:53 AM
layer3guru
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ruger Mark IV I am always one feature short

No threading of barrels just yet. No doubt it will sell but it would have been a grand slam to have been threaded right out of the gate.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:56 AM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by layer3guru View Post
No threading of barrels just yet. No doubt it will sell but it would have been a grand slam to have been threaded right out of the gate.
But thousands of us have no need or want for a threaded barrel.....

Now, if they could have put a 6.5" barreled slab-side out early, THAT would have been great.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:02 PM
bearcatter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I get the impression that "cans" are something of an obsession for some people. I don't see the cost and maintenance being worth it, for a comparatively small reduction in sound. A .22 is not that loud!

I can imagine these folks wanting threaded SA revolvers....

Thank goodness that threaded models are always separate, that identical un-threaded models are always there, and first.

I would not buy a threaded model of any gun if it was the the only model made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2016, 12:29 PM
watchman101

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I too used to think having a threaded barrel is a good thing, but not anymore. If I have a choice between a threaded and non threaded with less than $20 difference, I probably will get threaded. But wouldn't consider anything more than that. A "long" time ago, cans were made by only a few (like less than 10 companies). Now every (most) companies has one in their catalog. My brother told me it is a good investment. Now it is just waste of money, in investment point of view. All of those money wasted. I could have gotten at least a FN 17s, a GP100 and the new MK iv.

The reason I would get the threaded and with less than $20 difference is, I can put aftermarket compensator on it and nothing more.
I did pick up a SW22 threaded barrel. The price difference was $10.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:51 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I wont buy a pistol that doesn't come threaded, or cant be threaded easily. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

I haven't shot an unsuppressed 22 LR round since getting my suppressor 4 years ago, and never will again.

I understand the OP frustration, but there are many machinists who can thread the older Mark pistols. This one is no different.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:28 PM
gregbenner

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I like threaded so I can add a compensator. Tame the beast, plus, looks cool

Last edited by gregbenner; 09-26-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:24 PM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Ruger is already selling their own suppressors do you really think it will be long before there will be several models threaded and capped by Ruger? This is just introduction of their two most popular models. The rest will be along in very short time I am certain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 09-26-2016, 06:04 PM
ThunderStick

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
do you really think it will be long before there will be several models threaded and capped by Ruger?

I wouldn't bet on it! They have yet to thread a stainless MKIII, and only one TALO blue model! I don't care for the 22\45.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:45 PM
layer3guru
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I didn't mean to start a love hate scenario, its not that serious. Though I do wonder what Ruger was thinking. Not everyone cares for suppressors but I believe Ruger missed a prime marketing opportunity considering they just recently got into the suppressor market themselves.

I see the opportunity of them releasing a target threaded non threaded version while sharing the spotlight with their suppressor. Appealing to both demographics like those replying to this thread.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:48 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStick View Post
do you really think it will be long before there will be several models threaded and capped by Ruger?

I wouldn't bet on it! They have yet to thread a stainless MKIII, and only one TALO blue model! I don't care for the 22\45.
They also knew the MKIII was dead item so why spend a fortune on tooling when they already knew the MKIV was the future of the 22 pistol market for them!

Seems to me I have seen several models of the 22/45 threaded but maybe I am wrong

Old 09-28-2016, 04:54 AM
ThunderStick

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rite! You can get all kinds of threaded 22/45 configurations, but I HATE them!

If the put out a threaded MKIV I'll get in line for one!
Old 09-28-2016, 04:05 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
You can check back with me and tell me I was wrong if you want but I am betting with in six months you will see MKIVs with threaded muzzles. They have only released TWO models! Normally speaking Ruger as well as most other gun companies (or car companies or many other companies) they release their two most popular models FIRST and then go back and fill in the blanks....

If past is pro log then it will only be a matter of months until that number TWO will multiply pretty quickly especially with Ruger selling suppressors now.

By the way I am in a agreement with you about the 22/45. I would still prefer it compared to some other company's 22 semi autos I have handled but if it is Ruger give me a MKII or MKIV. This feeling has nothing (or very little) to do with the 22/45 polymer frame. The pistol with in my arms reach right now is the very same Kahr 9mm I carry every time I leave my house and it's polymer frame not only makes it light (something like 10 oz lighter than my first all steel Kahr E9 with a serial #00043) but it also makes it fit my hand much better than the steel frame. I just have always liked the Ruger grip angle since my dad bought one in 1963 for $39.95 (was the first hand gun I ever shot)

Last edited by Vincent; 09-28-2016 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:47 AM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Ruger is already selling their own suppressors do you really think it will be long before there will be several models threaded and capped by Ruger? This is just introduction of their two most popular models. The rest will be along in very short time I am certain.
Excellent point! Good grief, the Mark IV has only been introduced a couple of weeks ago. Is it expected that 5 or 6 barrel lengths should also have been introduced at the same time? Should there also have been a Hunter, Slab-side, Competition Target, Standard, and maybe a 14-inch long bull barrel version, and a threaded barrel version all been offered at the same release point? If you're not ready to buy yet, hold onto your baggy pants, more will follow.

Sometimes, I just gotta wonder if the "millennials" do everything they do, in a vicious hurry. If that's the case, their "significant others" must be in a very frustrated state.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:39 AM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
Excellent point! Good grief, the Mark IV has only been introduced a couple of weeks ago. Is it expected that 5 or 6 barrel lengths should also have been introduced at the same time? Should there also have been a Hunter, Slab-side, Competition Target, Standard, and maybe a 14-inch long bull barrel version, and a threaded barrel version all been offered at the same release point? If you're not ready to buy yet, hold onto your baggy pants, more will follow.

Sometimes, I just gotta wonder if the "millennials" do everything they do, in a vicious hurry. If that's the case, their "significant others" must be in a very frustrated state.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:06 AM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
You can check back with me and tell me I was wrong if you want but I am betting with in six months you will see MKIVs with threaded muzzles. They have only released TWO models! Normally speaking Ruger as well as most other gun companies (or car companies or many other companies) they release their two most popular models FIRST and then go back and fill in the blanks....

If past is pro log then it will only be a matter of months until that number TWO will multiply pretty quickly especially with Ruger selling suppressors now.

No kidding, the online catalog already up to 3 items. Target is now offered in blue/aluminum and an all stainless version. I saw both on the shelf already. Plus the hunter.
Closed Thread