Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:05 AM
Bill T
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

When you consider the fact that a GOOD replacement trigger on a AR-15, or a Remington 700 will run you in the neighborhood of $200.00 to $300.00+ (top of the line Jewell). You have to expect some let off variance on a gun that costs barely double that. Triggers are delicate, precision instruments that are built to very close tolerances. And they require fine tool steels and precise heat treating methods. None of which come cheap.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:46 AM
ejk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
If you looked at pictures of some of the rifling in some of them you wouldn't be interested. Walther makes the full size M&P .22. I bought the Smith made compact. Three barrels later I had to get rid of it.....For some reason Smith is broaching the rifling and and must be using worn out tools. This goes for the Victory also. See Smith section for pictures and discussion. I agree, it is an odd looking pistol. Why even consider it when Rugers and Brownings are available. M1911
The Victories seem to be hit or miss . Mine is an early model and the bore is very nice checked with a bore scope . Mine is accurate and has been trouble free from day one . Not the best looking pistol but a very good pistol for what I paid .

The Rugers are a sweet pistol for sure and I intend on getting a MKIV after they are out for a while and the prices stabilize in my area . All I have seen are the Hunters around here and I would want the Target model .
Old 10-04-2016, 12:06 PM
OpsMgr
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
Very good question. I'm guessing it's more like unintended happenstance. It's difficult to engineer a specific trigger pull weight into any firearm design with the myriad of manufacturing tolerances involved. My WAG for the day, along with long time experience involved with manufacturing, tells me there is more likely a pull-weight range that they try to achieve, rather than some specific edict from the legal department. It will be interesting, as more and more RFC members acquire a Ruger Mark IV, to see what the factory trigger pull weight actually measures.

One thing for sure, as I get them in, I will record the pull weight for my records.
"Unintended Happenstance" was my initial conclusion as well, but wouldn't a difference of approximately 1 lb, 8 ozs between the two pistolas be outside of the AQL range based on your experience?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2016, 12:21 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
Very good question. I'm guessing it's more like unintended happenstance. It's difficult to engineer a specific trigger pull weight into any firearm design with the myriad of manufacturing tolerances involved. My WAG for the day, along with long time experience involved with manufacturing, tells me there is more likely a pull-weight range that they try to achieve, rather than some specific edict from the legal department. It will be interesting, as more and more RFC members acquire a Ruger Mark IV, to see what the factory trigger pull weight actually measures.

One thing for sure, as I get them in, I will record the pull weight for my records.
I would have thought that a hunting gun, carried in the field, would want a heavier trigger since an unintended discharge could be far worse than at a range. A Target model is intended (yeah - I know...) for use at a target range, and can have an easier pull since it is FAR more likely to be pointed at a the target, rather than in a belt holster or carried in the hand.

My 52B has a much lighter trigger than my 1885, for just that reason.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Bill T

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
Why even consider it when Rugers and Brownings are available.
I agree. I have 2 Mark II's, and a Mark III. Along with 3 Browning Buckmark's. If I add another it will be a new Ruger Mark IV like Brent's. That Stainless Hunter is a beautiful pistol!
Old 10-04-2016, 11:44 PM
Markbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredTwice View Post
... All now have VQ sears installed.....:
What did the VQ sears do to your trigger pulls?
Old 10-05-2016, 04:56 AM
Popeye1959
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill T View Post
That Stainless Hunter is a beautiful pistol!
Yes it is. I would have to put the Hunter sights on it though
Old 10-05-2016, 08:10 AM
RetiredTwice

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markbo View Post
What did the VQ sears do to your trigger pulls?
They range from 1 1/4 pounds to 1 3/4 pounds. The maximum standard deviation, 20 pull tests, is 1.4 ounces. There was a slight lighting of the trigger pull with use but this may have been variation in the Lyman gauge.

The biggest change for me is the consistency.

I only shoot these pistols in an indoor range so I am not overly concerned with the sub two pound trigger pulls.

This is a limited sample. YMMV.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:55 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, having done enough moonlighting recently to build the bank account to the right level, I put the last Mk IV at the LGS in jail today. In a week she'll be mine - a Stainless Target.

Gonna be a long week...

Old 10-27-2016, 04:48 AM
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weblance View Post
I sure hope its true. That way I can pick up a couple Mark III Hunters or Competitions cheap when everyone who cant handle the dis/reassembly of the older Marks dumps theirs in favor of the Mark IV. Just today, a buddy brought his Mark III pencil barrel to me in a box, because he took it apart, and couldn't put it back together. I simply don't see why some people find it so difficult. It took all of about 2 minutes, and he was back in business with his Mark III.

This+100
Old 10-27-2016, 09:16 AM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpsMgr View Post
"Unintended Happenstance" was my initial conclusion as well, but wouldn't a difference of approximately 1 lb, 8 ozs between the two pistolas be outside of the AQL range based on your experience?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Yes, that is quite a bit more range than what I've seen with a newly arrived pistol. It could mean though, that either something is interfering with the hammer notch to sear engagement, or some other anomaly. With that sort of range it may warrant a take-down to actually see what might be happening inside.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:21 AM
BKDinTexas

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dennis fixed my zero problem on my Mark IV Hunter with a new front sight and rear blade. Very pleased and highly recommended.

Old 10-31-2016, 09:25 AM
BKDinTexas

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
25 yards with CCI mini-mags. Not a good day for me but the sights are no longer a problem.