Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:50 PM
bigeclipse

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Is the Tikka T1X a dissappointment?

I have not been on this forum for a while. I was debating on waiting for a T1x or buying a CZ455 quite a few months ago. Well I ended up going with the 455 but was still contemplating adding the T1x to my stable. From all the reports ive been reading, it seems the t1x is kind of a let down which stinks. My 455 22lr barrel will shoot under 1inch groups at 100 yards with many different bulk box ammo offerings with some groups approaching half an inch which is just amazing and my 17hmr barrel will consistently group under 1.5inches at 100 yards with most ammo and will group under 1 inch occasional with a few offerings which is decent enough. I feel lucky with this rifle but now I'm not sure what to buy as a second rifle. Any thoughts from any of you Tikka owners? Should I move away from the Tikka and look back at maybe a cz457 or another cz455?
Old 01-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Shooter92

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Disappointment? Quite the opposite best bolt action rimfire I've ever had. I have a cz 452 American and the t1x is more reliable and as accurate if not more not ti mention a better trigger

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Shooter92; 01-09-2019 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:07 PM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeclipse View Post
I have not been on this forum for a while. I was debating on waiting for a T1x or buying a CZ455 quite a few months ago. Well I ended up going with the 455 but was still contemplating adding the T1x to my stable. From all the reports ive been reading, it seems the t1x is kind of a let down which stinks. My 455 22lr barrel will shoot under 1inch groups at 100 yards with many different bulk box ammo offerings with some groups approaching half an inch which is just amazing and my 17hmr barrel will consistently group under 1.5inches at 100 yards with most ammo and will group under 1 inch occasional with a few offerings which is decent enough. I feel lucky with this rifle but now I'm not sure what to buy as a second rifle. Any thoughts from any of you Tikka owners? Should I move away from the Tikka and look back at maybe a cz457 or another cz455?
You will probably never find another rifle that shoots bulk ammo as well as you say your CZ 455. It is literally unbelievable accuracy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2019, 03:26 PM
fwood
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've been quite happy with my T1x 22. Shot great out of the box and is just getting better. It could very well surpass my best CZ, we'll see. That's a pretty tall order but it is shooting better at this stage of it's life than any of my CZ's have at the same point.
Disappointment? Certainly not.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:27 PM
Noknot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
If I had a 22 that shot close to a 1/2 inch at a 100 yards I would never look at another 22lr. I would be putting my money in real nice scopes.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:07 PM
Csafisher

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Are you a CZ salesman? Near 1/2 MOA with bulk crap? Iím calling 100% bs. Bulk ammo is literally not consistent enough to shoot 1/2Ē at 100yds
Old 01-08-2019, 04:44 PM
fish1448

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csafisher View Post
Are you a CZ salesman? Near 1/2 MOA with bulk crap? Iím calling 100% bs. Bulk ammo is literally not consistent enough to shoot 1/2Ē at 100yds

I agree. If your 455 shoots that good, I want it . Put a price tag and guarantee on it and I will take it!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2019, 05:09 PM
kisssofdeath
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I'd have to see this to believe it.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:37 PM
62Ranger13
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am not disappointed at all in my T1X.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:49 PM
93Abolt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I absolutely love mine its everything I hoped it would be and the action after a few hundred rounds is buttery smooth. The trigger is excellent and easy to adjust to 2 pounds or a little less. At its price point I don't know how it gets much better. It'll shoot sk standard or norma match 22 into 1/4 inch or less at 50 yds.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:00 PM
MarkS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I have 2 CZ 455, 22lr and 17hmr. both will shoot near 0.5 moa out to 150yds. I just got a T1X and just had my first range trip. ://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/range-report-for-t1x.3968853/

My T1X is not a disappointment. It needs to live up to what my CZ's will do, so far it has a good start. I was looking into another 455 or 457, I am glad I got the Tikka.

Mark
Old 01-08-2019, 06:28 PM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
I have 2 CZ 455, 22lr and 17hmr. both will shoot near 0.5 moa out to 150yds.
If these rifles each have a stock barrel it is incredible. Literally.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Leadshaft

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
I'm very happy with my T1x

I was skeptical at first due to all the plastic on the rifle. Not the stock so much as the other plastic parts. The stock is perhaps the best molded plastic stock that I own. The gripping surface of the stock is really nice. I put the vertical pistol grip on mine, sanded out the shoe horn and installed a lighter trigger spring (thank you Sir Ville). It is done! Low rings with a Nikon 3-9x40 scope. Groups under .4" at 50 yards, 17 oz. trigger and a stock that fits me nicely. IMHO, If you can accept the plastic it is a great little rifle. Also the metal work is not finished to a high luster but it is first rate.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:51 PM
bigeclipse

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csafisher View Post
No sales man here. Look at my threads and you will see I came on here about 8 months asking which 22lr to buy. Got my cz455 and even posted a video uncut of it shooting 1/2 with bulk ammo at 100 yards. Now Iíd say out of 5 groups 2 will be .5inches and the other three will be sub 1 inch but not .5 but this is repeatable. You will even see a thread I posted about wanting to barrel it with a 17hmr and many encouraged me not to touch the rifle because of how good it was shooting but I did buy a barrel kit for it anyways and that barrel appears to shoot about what others get with CZs. I put the 22lr back on and it still shoots just as good so Iím going to keep it as a 22lr. No reason for me to lie and I personally could care less who believes me. Iím not bashing the tikkas at all but literally all the other forums Iíve been on have said how much a disappointment the tikkas have been with feeding problems and accuracy issues. This forum is the first Iím actually reading positive results so maybe those were just haters on the other forums and I should take another look at them. The cz455 I have is getting well used as dedicated squirrel gun and is getting quite a lot of use so I wanted a second 22lr as well.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:54 PM
patience0830
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
My T1X against your CZ at my range. 100 yds . $100 says I clean your clock.