Opinions on Tippmann Arms M4-22 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:00 AM
zanemoseley

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Opinions on Tippmann Arms M4-22

I've been on the search for a semi auto 22 rifle, or possibly a 22lr dedicated upper. It will mainly be used for plinking.

I've been looking at the CMMG 22 uppers which will cost about $450 for a nice one.

I also stumbled onto the Tippmann M4-22 which appears to be pretty new. What is appealing is that they actually use aluminum upper and lower receivers and accept several mil spec parts including fire control groups. 22 plinkster has a nice review on YouTube.

So I was curious if anyone has any input on this rifle? Adding an entire rifle to my collection is more appealing than just a new upper but getting the upper may be the smart way to go.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2018, 04:10 AM
Radicalrimfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got one last week here in the UK. Excellent rifle. All aluminium, fit and build quality is very good. Felt night and day different to SW MP-22. Proper metal buffer tube, proper real forward assist, last round hold open not utilising the magazine. Ultra easy to field strip and clean. Bolt assembly much simpler and more robust than SW which will help reliability. 200 rounds CCI mini mag through it without a single issue. Test fired a 20 round mag firing as quick as possible - no issues - looks ultra reliable. Accuracy was good, better than expected. 0.5 inch groups at 25 yards with Vortex 1x Spitfire. I'm sure if you fitted a decent magnified optic it would be approaching or reaching 1 MOA with good ammo. Magazines very well designed and reliable.

Expensive at 900 here (approx $1250) but in the UK you get a plastic foam lined hard case, a 10 round and a 20 round magazine plus lock included - Guns are always at least 50% more expensive here in the UK in comparison to the US. That said, you get what you pay for, it is absolutely a real, high quality, AR in .22LR and I totally recommend it. Only other new high end competitor may be the KRISS DMK22 that can utilise Ruger 10/22 barrels but here in the UK is limited to 15 round mags.

Good review here and as noted .22 plinkster has a good vid review out.

http://danvoils.com/Tippmann/

Great gun - Totally recommended.