Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 12:45 PM
ammohog
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)

I have yet to hear an excellent reason not to put safety first. I'm one of the members that like to tinker with the triggers and put in replacement parts. If Ruger wants to fix a problem, I will be more than happy to send it back, and let them fix it. I'm sure that VQ is on top of this like a big dog, and will TCB. My Mark IV Competition has a very good trigger, and I don't have any plans to change it. I do know there are some of the Mark IV's that have "crusty" triggers, and could use some "fixing". Sorry fellow members, I'm a "Safety First" person. I have grandchildren that sometimes go to the range with me. I want to make sure they have the opportunity to get old, grumpy and opinionated. Later Gator..... AH
Old 06-12-2017, 01:02 PM
bil

West Coast of the East Coast, Central Florida
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB1 View Post
Ruger says on the recall page: You have the choice of removing all aftermarket parts before you return the pistol or you can gamble that the parts might be returned (sears will not be returned). Ruger has notified you in adance of their intentions and procedures before you send it in. Ruger is not "stealing" those parts. It's your choice to put the Ruger OEM parts back in the pistol or not.
EXCEPT, you and the poster immediately above you both forgot, or just left out, the part about Ruger either keeping or returning the old parts, AND replacing them with Ruger parts AND charging you.
Bil
Old 06-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Bill T

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammohog View Post
I have yet to hear an excellent reason not to put safety first.
There is no reason not to put safety first. None what so ever. That goes without question. With any weapon at any time. What some cannot accept is who is responsible for creating that safety. It falls to the operator of the weapon. All the time. No gun fatality would ever occur if the muzzle was pointed in a safe direction when it was discharged. Regardless if that discharge was intentional or not.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:32 PM
MarkB1
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bil View Post
EXCEPT, you and the poster immediately above you both forgot, or just left out, the part about Ruger either keeping or returning the old parts, AND replacing them with Ruger parts AND charging you.
Bil

All I know is what Ruger has posted on their website about the recall.

I just checked the website and there is nothing about charging the owner for replacement parts. Zip - NaDa.

Here is what Ruger posted:

"I have added aftermarket accessories to my pistol; will these be returned?

You should remove all aftermarket accessories before returning the grip frame assembly to us. While we will attempt to return accessories to you, we cannot guarantee that is the case. Also, to the extent the installed aftermarket parts are being replaced pursuant to the retrofit (sear and safety), these will not be returned."

" Will the old parts be returned to me?

No. We will keep the old parts. You should remove all aftermarket accessories before returning the grip frame assembly to us. While we will attempt to return accessories to you, we cannot guarantee that is the case. If you have installed any aftermarket trigger components, they will not be returned."

There is nothing about charging you for replacement parts. However, any trigger components will not be returned.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:20 PM
shamrock12
Fire Fighter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill T View Post
Mine does that now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
Mine does too.
So you already got yours fixed thru Ruger? Wow, that is quick.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:35 PM
JGR_LV
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Another point...

Some folks may have had good experiences with Ruger sending back non-OEM parts, but it doesn't sound like you can rely on that, particularly right now. At the risk of injecting a bit more common sense into the discussion, after seeing Mongo get beat up for it, I'll point out that we're talking about a mass recall effort here, big enough that Ruger is taking names and making appointments to send things in rather than just telling everyone to send everything now. Ruger technicians who, in the normal course of business, would be glad to make the extra effort of keeping track of your nice Volquartsen trigger kit simply don't have the time for babysitting at the moment. They're trying to fix a known issue before somebody does something stupid and costs their company a huge pile of money, and they could use a little help with it right now. Quit whining!
Old 06-12-2017, 05:32 PM
picrthis

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
what happened to the large thread on the recall that I had a subscription to?
it now comes up as invalid
Old 06-12-2017, 05:43 PM
bigjeepman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Has anyone received the return box/instructions yet? Just curious as I know I have not.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:58 PM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammohog View Post
I have yet to hear an excellent reason not to put safety first. I'm one of the members that like to tinker with the triggers and put in replacement parts. If Ruger wants to fix a problem, I will be more than happy to send it back, and let them fix it. I'm sure that VQ is on top of this like a big dog, and will TCB. My Mark IV Competition has a very good trigger, and I don't have any plans to change it. I do know there are some of the Mark IV's that have "crusty" triggers, and could use some "fixing". Sorry fellow members, I'm a "Safety First" person. I have grandchildren that sometimes go to the range with me. I want to make sure they have the opportunity to get old, grumpy and opinionated. Later Gator..... AH
There was a pretty thorough discussion (or two), but; some (or one) bad player resulted in such a mess the whole thread has been deleted. Now, there is a call to start all over. Just do what you think is best, if and when you think it appropriate leave it alone. Or not, but; I am not posting on that subject again. I became totally discussed with the last ugly debate.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:08 PM
ncbowhnter

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Seems like this thread has turned into a bunch of useless rants back and forth.
FYI, I too CANNOT get mine to replicate the issue as described. On either my target or lite model. Both have been modified with aftermarket parts however.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbowhnter View Post
Seems like this thread has turned into a bunch of useless rants back and forth.
Yes, it has.