Will people be dumping their earlier Mark Rugers to get the Mark IV - Page 10 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:24 PM
brotherzoo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I love my new Mark IV Hunter, and all my Mark I, II, and III models as well, and I have already mounted an optic on my Mark IV Hunter:

I have an accurizing kit, an extended slide stop, and an upgraded bolt ordered from Volquartsen already as well:

https://www.volquartsen.com/departments/mk_iv_parts
https://www.volquartsen.com/products...-mkii-or-mkiii

But I have no intention of selling of my existing collection of Ruger .22 autos.

I am in fact, always on the lookout for any cool, custom, or collectible Ruger .22 autos, and if anyone has a Mark II "Victory in Athens" to sell our trade, PLEASE message me. I am VERY much desirous of obtaining one in excellent, or preferably - but not absolutely necessarily - new condition. If you have one with the medal and extras, my droids are available, and will serve you well...
Old 12-17-2016, 11:33 PM
brotherzoo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
PS - To those who want a threaded model, the 5.5" bull barrel target model can be easily tapped to move the front sight back so it can be threaded by any competent gunsmith, or talented hobbyist, just like we did to the older models, for years before Ruger offered any factory threaded models. ;-)
Old 12-18-2016, 12:56 AM
jstanfield103
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have not had a Mark series in a long time. When the Mark IV came out it got me wanting one again so I ordered the Mark IV (Still Waiting on it). The LGS also had a Mark III Competition Model in stock. I decided that I would also buy it, really just to have one of both models. I am currently up grading the Mark III. The only thing left is the Volquartsen sear to buy for it. I really do not mind the take down on the Mark III. It is an art to taking the older ones down and I think I will try and help keep the art alive.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:39 AM
brotherzoo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah, the takedown difficulty is highly exaggerated. Do it in the right order, start with the gun cocked, and pull the trigger at the right time. Easy cheesy, breezy.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:15 AM
brotherzoo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Zen (without valium or xanex) is a shoal of Neon Tetras floating peacefully between driftwood and live aquatic plants, as a backdrop for my always incomplete and ever growing collection of Ruger .22 auto pistols, Mark I, II, III, and IV are all invited - just no 22/45s. No offense or judgement intended, my brother loves his, but they are just not for me...and at over 150 magazines for the steel frame models, I am pretty logistically invested, lol.

Last edited by brotherzoo; 12-18-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:50 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
brotherzoo , Nice Neons! I have a few aquariums myself! And a nice collection of MK series as well!
To answer to the original thread question , I will not be dumping either of my MKIIs anytime soon.
Attachment 53561
Although if I had no Ruger 22 pistols I would be willing to check out the new MKIVs.

Last edited by Four52 shooter; 10-10-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:59 AM
edlmann
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four52 shooter View Post
I will not be dumping either of my MKIIs anytime soon.
I only have one Mark II (a recent find), but my sense of the consensus of the group is that it may be easier to get a bargain on a used Mark III in the near future.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:57 AM
redscho
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bought my Mark II in 1884, agree, take down is a challenge. I normally used a bore snake and canned air blaster to clean the action. Just happened to drop in to my favorite LGS with my wife. I said to the owner, "You probably don't have any Mk IVs yet". He said he did have one and laid a blue target model in my hand and told me to press the button under the barrel. I was in love - wife said "Get it if you want, it will be your Christmas present". Mark II is happy sharing gun case with its new brother so it will stay - hate to break up a happy family.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:09 PM
rapidray

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four52 shooter View Post
I like those grips on the 5 1/2 Target...who made them if I may ask.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:44 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidray View Post
I like those grips on the 5 1/2 Target...who made them if I may ask.
They are Nill grips. They do look great but I eventually sold them as they did not give me the same feel as the Nill grips on my Smith 41. I went back to shooting the MKII two handed and installed the factory plastic grips.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:58 PM
jimjc

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I doubt people will rush out to get rid of their early models but as time goes on parts will start being harder to find and new parts for the MKIV will be far more available. Any new stuff will be designed for the MKIV, so there will be pressure to move into the MKIV.

Just over the last year sold my 4 MKIII's, so I'm ready to move into the MKIV's, once Ruger gets over the initial introduction.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:11 PM
rosscoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann View Post
I only have one Mark II (a recent find), but my sense of the consensus of the group is that it may be easier to get a bargain on a used Mark III in the near future.

And new ones I just bought a couple in the $300-$350 range!
Old 12-25-2016, 10:59 PM
susiqz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
many people think ruger hit its peak with the mark 2.
i'd buy a 2 before a 4, but 2s are hard to come by.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:27 AM
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjc View Post
I doubt people will rush out to get rid of their early models but as time goes on parts will start being harder to find and new parts for the MKIV will be far more available. Any new stuff will be designed for the MKIV, so there will be pressure to move into the MKIV.

Just over the last year sold my 4 MKIII's, so I'm ready to movef into the MKIV's, once Ruger gets over the initial introduction.
Parts ???
For a mark2 ?
I've had my mark2s for MANY years.
I've never needed parts.
Ive never seen a mk2 that needed parts.