Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-12-2017, 07:04 PM
llano52
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenpony View Post
How strange. I installed the VQ Accurizing kit in my MKIV Target. Trigger pull is 2.5 lbs.
That is the norm. However, a number of users are finding that installing the VQ accurizing kit will result in a very heavy trigger pull weight - hence, Volquartsen has addressed the problem by including a VQ trigger bar/disconnector in their upgrade kit.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:54 PM
druryj

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs down

Uh oh. Does anyone know if the kit from Brownells includes this new trigger bar or not? I do not want some old, out of date kit, which I am afraid might be the case here.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:28 PM
jstanfield103

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I believe that when you get the sear (Volquartsen) they say on their web site it has to have the trigger bar to work properly. I just ordered mine. Do in Monday afternoon. It also is coming with the trigger bar.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:55 PM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanfield103 View Post
I believe that when you get the sear (Volquartsen) they say on their web site it has to have the trigger bar to work properly. I just ordered mine. Do in Monday afternoon. It also is coming with the trigger bar.
The modified VQ sear needed to work with MkIV's that had the "safety recall" work done do require a replacement trigger bar. Pre-safety recall MkIVs that use the original design VQ sear do not require a replacement trigger bar.

I have an early MkIV stainless Target that has not had the safety recall work (it didn't have the problem and still doesn't). It has an early VQ trigger kit and works perfectly with the OEM trigger bar.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:44 PM
jstanfield103

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
22/45
Thanks for the correction
Old 03-18-2018, 08:27 AM
Carrij
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have a question

I have a m4 22/45 that had the recall done. Has over 1,000 rounds through it without a hiccup. Just had a V kit installed by a local, reputable, gunsmith. Trigger is great however no I'm getting failure to fire about 30% of each magazine. I have six magazines and it is with all of them. They have what looks like good strikes but no boom. I'm in the middle of a 5,000 round case of Aguila and never had a ammo problem. I put the ftf round back through and sometimes one of them would fire. Ran a bunch of about thirty three time through the Mark without ignition, then loaded them into my SR22 magazines and they all worked flawlessly.

I read that backing off the post travel screw would resolve the "light strikes?" that had no effect. I'll be calling Volquartsen Monday morning for advice. I have spoken to the gunsmith and he is at a loss. He has done many of these and agreed that a call to Volquartsen will be the first step.

Anyone ever run into this?
Old 03-19-2018, 04:13 PM
Carrij
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Update from Volquartsen

I called Volquartsen this morning and spoke with Ryan in tech service. He said that with the Mark IV Ruger redesigned the firing pin with a larger elongated hole and it has caused light strikes to occur in some guns. He said he would send me one of their firing pins, no charge, and that should resolve the problem. I thanked him and left it at that.

Afterwards I got to thinking, if I'm going to change the firing pin I might as well upgrade the extractor, so i went on their website and ordered the extractor. It just makes sense to me to do it all at once.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:01 PM
jstanfield103

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I just upgraded the sear and trigger with trigger bar from Volquartsen. I did not want the hammer, I was thinking I would rather have the heavier factory hammer to give the firing pin that extra weight on the hit. I do not know if my thinking is correct on this, I have not got to shoot it as of yet. Just installed today (3-19-2018. It just seems to be better to have the heavier hammer, lock up time is fine with factory hammer.
What do you guy's think.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:53 PM
xdm9mm

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
@OP - Did you forget to put the gun on "fire" after putting the barrel ? I must admit I did this a few times recently after cleaning the gun, and I said ***!, then I realized it's the safety still on...
Old 04-07-2018, 01:16 PM
llano52

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm View Post
@OP - Did you forget to put the gun on "fire" after putting the barrel ? I must admit I did this a few times recently after cleaning the gun, and I said ***!, then I realized it's the safety still on...
No, the safety was off. My pistol had not been through the recall modifications. I installed the VQ kit before the recall was announced. At that time, the kit did not include a trigger bar like it does now. My problem disappeared once I received and installed a new trigger bar from Volquartsen.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:17 PM
lil_Glock

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the 5.5" threaded stainless target MKIV. It it was released very recently. After the recall issue was worked out. I have fired about 500 flawless rounds through it.

I received the Volquartsen MKIV accurizing kit from Brownells 05-18-2018 and installed it that night. The next day I was having about 4 out of 10 light strikes per mag. Now I can hardly get it to fire. Almost all light strikes.

I emailed Volquartsen yesterday. I hope they have a reliable fix. I want a light trigger. Just don't want any light strikes.

Last edited by lil_Glock; 05-13-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:55 PM
TerryMSU

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Volquartsen will send you a new firing pin and that will fix the problem.