MKIV target hiviz front sight - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:48 AM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Question MKIV target hiviz front sight

has anyone tried this sight on their MKIV TARGET yet ? I found one on e-bay last night for $23.54, free postage, thought I would try it. I have trouble with all black sights so I thought it might help. what say ye ??
Old 03-31-2018, 08:56 AM
trophyhunter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's what Ruger is using on the current Hunter MK IV, with my age and eyesight being less than desirable it really makes a difference and I like how they incorporate a protective strap across the top of the sight to protect the fiber tube from damage.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:17 AM
bren_10

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon p View Post
has anyone tried this sight on their MKIV TARGET yet ? I found one on e-bay last night for $23.54, free postage, thought I would try it. I have trouble with all black sights so I thought it might help. what say ye ??
That sight will work & is easy to see, BUT, Ruger uses that fiber optic on the Hunter with a V notch rear sight blade. (just center fiber dot in the V)

It will still work with the square notch rear sight blade but really should have a rear U notch to work correctly as the square notch rear sight blade will cut off part of the fiber optic round circle.

I use that front sight on my mark4 Hunter with a replacement square notch rear sight blade but used a small round needle file to turn the rear square notch into a U notch to match the front fiber optic round dot. (It drove me crazy only seeing part of the fiber optic dot in that square notch).

With a square notch rear you can still use the fiber optic top as you would use a conventional non fiber optic front but then why have a fiber optic to sight with.

Old 03-31-2018, 10:34 AM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren_10 View Post
That sight will work & is easy to see, BUT, Ruger uses that fiber optic on the Hunter with a V notch rear sight blade. (just center fiber dot in the V)

It will still work with the square notch rear sight blade but really should have a rear U notch to work correctly as the square notch rear sight blade will cut off part of the fiber optic round circle.

I use that front sight on my mark4 Hunter with a replacement square notch rear sight blade but used a small round needle file to turn the rear square notch into a U notch to match the front fiber optic round dot. (It drove me crazy only seeing part of the fiber optic dot in that square notch).

With a square notch rear you can still use the fiber optic top as you would use a conventional non fiber optic front but then why have a fiber optic to sight with.
I will get it mounted when it arrives and see what the sight picture looks like to me.
Old 03-31-2018, 11:51 AM
jstanfield103
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I use the fiber optic on my Hunter model and my Single Six Hunter. I replaced the rear with a V notch on the Single Six, the Hunter Mark IV comes with the rear notch. A lot of people hate the rear notch. I Love the rear V notch and I am very accurate with it. You can also get them on ebay if so desired.

Good Luck.