Mark IV Sight mounting options - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-18-2018, 11:55 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

This is the new Allchin mount for micro dots. Fits a few, does not fit some though. Its not on their site yet, but if you message them its available (what I did).

There's the Allchin C-More Slide Ride mount on a MKIII 22/45. Hole spacing for those MKIII/MKIV series pistols is the same (as well as Pac Lite uppers, though they use a different thread screw)

Old 03-19-2018, 12:01 AM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug106 View Post
Did you have any issues with the Alchin mount on your Mark IV? I have the 22/45 Lite, and the alchin mount kept coming loose. The factory screws were not long enough and they only caught the first few threads of the receiver. Seems like the mount is too thick, or the holes are not recessed deep enough. It does sit flush on the receiver. I love the design and I want to bring my C-more down close to the barrel alignment, but for now I had to switch back to the Ruger rail and C-more base.
Did you get it direct from Allchin or from somewhere else? (Shooters Connection?) John includes the screws (in separate bags with the rear one marked as such). I got the Ruger thread screws and had to message to get them to send me the correct ones for the Pac-Lite.

Also, the first one I mounted was that black/silver Pac Lite. I sighted it in, and by the time I was done it was loose as can be. I loaded the screws up with blue loctite and let them sit for an hour or so and let it dry in the threads. Also cleaned out the screw holes with alcohol on a Q-tip. Mounted it back up and its held solid since then. On the Brown one, I just did the same thing up front after the previous experience.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:40 AM
Carrij
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here is another compact looking mount that looks to offer a low profile for a good variety of red dots.i have fiber optics on mine and have yet to switch to a dot.

https://outerimpact.com/shop/red-dot...many-red-dots/

Old 03-19-2018, 07:50 PM
22/45 Fan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_80 View Post
I got the Ruger thread screws and had to message to get them to send me the correct ones for the Pac-Lite.
Yes, Ruger receivers are tapped #6-48 while Pac-Lite's are #6-40. I had that problem in reverse when I ordered a Pac-Lite Picatinny rail years ago. It came with their mounting screws but they sent me a proper Ruger threaded set at no charge.