Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-06-2021, 06:07 PM
SAINTDANIEL
US Army

TPC Rating: 
100% (52)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
Seems like that barrel was already excellent. Is this a secret weapon for competition or hunting? It's hard to imagine improving on that barrel.

Looking at RFC comment history, Randy used to post on RFC.

PS Please leave him alone because I just sent Randy my 10/22 today.
It did shoot pretty good, but i know for a fact it will be better. Looks like it will be done next week.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:00 PM
JGreen
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i tied randy up today for about 40 minutes.
sorry guys

stopped in and dropped my new 10/22 off for a full tuneup. he had a table with barrels, probably saw half of your stuff there ready to be finished and packed up.
its amazing to see kidd barrels on his work bench...
he does great work. this will be my 3rd one by him.
not sure on turnaround time, but he did say he is backed up pretty good.
its also nice to know, everything is done old school, by hand, actual skill being used. no cnc, no automation, all by hand. old school, accurate machinist work. its an art really.

Last edited by JGreen; 05-07-2021 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:35 PM
RFC Sponsor
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
Middletown CT, Earth, 1st door on the right
TPC Rating: 
96% (22)
Yes turnaround was 2.5 months, went down to 1.5 months now today back to appox 2 months....
Most people have a few 22's so it don't matter...

Yes you should include a email address... When done and mailed back, I email you the Post Office delivery date lie.... ( I do not telephone)...

Last edited by CPC; 05-07-2021 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:50 PM
JGreen

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPC View Post
Yes turnaround was 2.5 months, went down to 1.5 months now today back to appox 2 months....
Most people have a few 22's so it don't matter...

Yes you should include a email address... When done and mailed back, I email you the Post Office delivery date lie.... ( I do not telephone)...
ball buster...haha

keep up the good work, i was able to dig some ammo out for you when i got home this afternoon
Old 05-07-2021, 10:00 PM
SAINTDANIEL
US Army

TPC Rating: 
100% (52)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGreen View Post
i tied randy up today for about 40 minutes.
sorry guys

stopped in and dropped my new 10/22 off for a full tuneup. he had a table with barrels, probably saw half of your stuff there ready to be finished and packed up.
its amazing to see kidd barrels on his work bench...
he does great work. this will be my 3rd one by him.
not sure on turnaround time, but he did say he is backed up pretty good.
its also nice to know, everything is done old school, by hand, actual skill being used. no cnc, no automation, all by hand. old school, accurate machinist work. its an art really.

Stop that ! no time for socializing, Randy has things to do.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:06 PM
ilmonster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I received my 10/22 LVT back in the time promised. Well worth the wait and price! Super happy with Randy's work.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:02 AM
armtx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Randy could have a turn around time of 6 months and I would still send him 10/22 sticks.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:15 PM
Racer X

TPC Rating: 
98% (44)
would you want your surgeon to hurry?

but seriously. It's the number of customers, not the speed of his work. I have an unfired WallyWorld special I will be sending in within a week. Just waiting on a shipping box. It has been unfired since 2007, a little while more isn't a big deal. My goal is a stealth stock looking Ruger that embarrasses unsuspecting "race rifles". That and Appleseed rifle.

Last edited by Racer X; 05-11-2021 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:18 PM
Recoilspring
GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought one.

I bought one about two weeks ago, have not taken it to the range because all I have is a limited amount of Aguila brand ammo, wanting to try other brands to see how it shoots, very hard to find .22 ammo in the Austin area. The barrel is much nicer machined than the one I had in 2006.

The gun store told me it takes months to get one now, had planned to place an order but he had one in the back. Was at another gun store yesterday, they had 3 and were asking $350.00 for the cheapie wood stocked model.

Hard to accept a common inexpensive gun like that being scarce and spendy.
Old 05-21-2021, 12:27 AM
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
96% (22)
I know... JGreen dropped off a brand new 16 inch 10/22 with black plastic stock and got gouged by
new prices at a local gunstore... Nothing you can do about it now-a-days but pay... After he left I wondered if I should of told him I would have sold him a real nice 16 inch 10/22 at about the same price that was 10 times better... Oh well, I felt bad about these gunshops looting peoples wallets because they can and put his 10/22 into work schedule so it will be done in 1.5 weeks...
(PS... Black plastic is ugly, 16 inch is for fast shooting not accuracy)...............

JGreen.... what other ammo do you need... I got A LOT of strange little boxs, (50 ea) of .22 Mag, .17 stuff, .22 std velocity I would trade for .22 High Velocity round nose....

PS... Racer X... Those 22" SS 10/22 carbine barrels, Walmart and others, are the worst barrels Ruger ever made... Best to put your money in to a stock 18.5" blue barrel...

Last edited by CPC; 05-21-2021 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-21-2021, 02:59 AM
mbeavers1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Still accepting?

I sent Randy an email today and was told that he is not accepting new work at this time? Is there a secret handshake that I am missing or should I just send it? I am in no hurry at all.
Old 05-21-2021, 03:34 AM
eflyguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeavers1 View Post
I sent Randy an email today and was told that he is not accepting new work at this time? Is there a secret handshake that I am missing or should I just send it? I am in no hurry at all.
Pick up the phone, later in the day, and ask. He may just be backlogged.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:02 AM
mbeavers1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thats exactly what he said. He said he was so backed up that he wasn't accepting new work.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:24 PM
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
96% (22)
Yes way too much work is stock piled up... I rent a industrial shop and the out of the blue the landlord evicted a tenant next door... If I get 1 month to leave/go and have 2 months worth of work piled up there is going to be a big problem.... Yes people are going to be told hold off and some will understand and others will cry... There is 2 million gunsmiths out there - just talk to next on your list... Maybe if they are no good they will not be backed up...

I would like to go back to my normal 3 weeks...

I specialize in sub-caliber Ruger carbine rework, 10/22 and 77/bolt actions... Not me, but the biggest general gunsmith in this state only wants work from state police and homeland security... They recently drilled and tapped a guys barrel for a scout mount and drilled right thru the bore and lands... Yes they are something....

Last edited by CPC; 05-21-2021 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:41 PM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPC View Post
Yes way too much work is stock piled up... I rent a industrial shop and the landlord evicted a tenant next door... If I get month to leave/go and have 2 months worth of work piled up there is going to be a big problem.... Yes people are going to be told hold off and some will understand and others will cry... There is 2 million gunsmiths out there - just talk to next on your list...
good on you for not accepting more work...seen too many good gunsmiths go down in flames by accepting more work than they could really handle in a timely manner