Kidd Supergrade or Kidd Classic Action - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:06 PM
Gunner5
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kidd Supergrade or Kidd Classic Action

I am ready for my Ultimate 10/22. I will do all of my shooting from the bench. Initially, I was going to purchase a complete Kidd rifle, but their configurations are limited and I do not want the Magpull stock. I have decided to go with a complete Kidd barreled action and a TITAN stock.

The Kidd barreled action w/options comes in the 'Classic' and the 'Supergrade' configuration. The 'Classic' holds the barrel to the receiver using a 'V'-block assembly. The 'Supergrade' uses a screw. Will both of these actions have a 'drop-in' fit in the TITAN stock? If so, which one would give me that extra degree of consistent accuracy? Note: I have no need to ever change barrels. I am looking for the more solid action.

Thank you.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:18 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner5 View Post
I am ready for my Ultimate 10/22. I will do all of my shooting from the bench. Initially, I was going to purchase a complete Kidd rifle, but their configurations are limited and I do not want the Magpull stock. I have decided to go with a complete Kidd barreled action and a TITAN stock.

The Kidd barreled action w/options comes in the 'Classic' and the 'Supergrade' configuration. The 'Classic' holds the barrel to the receiver using a 'V'-block assembly. The 'Supergrade' uses a screw. Will both of these actions have a 'drop-in' fit in the TITAN stock? If so, which one would give me that extra degree of consistent accuracy? Note: I have no need to ever change barrels. I am looking for the more solid action.

Thank you.
I did the same as you are doing. I went with the Supergrade in a Titan stock with Titan rear anchor. IMO the best setup for a 10-22. Kidd said the supergrade stronger and the most accurate, same price. Both will drop into a Titan.
This is my gun https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=810185

Mark
Old 04-10-2017, 07:25 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Another thread https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=746289
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Smoothtrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
MarkS

So you have a Supergrade action with the two set screws holding the barrel in v.s the v-block. Correct?

And if the answer is yes, does the Titan stock allow you to access those screws without removing the action? In other words is the stock drilled to allow access?

I was under the impression that you couldn't purchase a Supergrade without the stock.

Smooth

Last edited by Smoothtrigger; 04-10-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:07 PM
LongRange1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kidd Supergrade or Kidd Classic Action

Here's the super grade in a titan stock....

You have to pull the action to access the barrel screws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by LongRange1; 04-10-2017 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:29 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothtrigger View Post
MarkS

So you have a Supergrade action with the two set screws holding the barrel in v.s the v-block. Correct?

And if the answer is yes, does the Titan stock allow you to access those screws without removing the action? In other words is the stock drilled to allow access?

I was under the impression that you couldn't purchase a Supergrade without the stock.

Smooth

Mine is the new Supergrade with the 2 set screws. The Titan does not have access to the screws. I called Kidd when the new Supergrade came out, then you could only get a complete gun. Some time after that they started selling Barreled actions. I had a 2 stage trigger and the Titan stock on another 10-22. I ordered a barrled action, bolt, guide rod, and Titan's Kidd rear anchor.
Maybe some day Titan will offer a Supergrade ready stock, with access holes and rear anchor as a package.

Mark
Old 04-11-2017, 12:12 PM
Smoothtrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
MarkS

Thanks for the response.

I have a couple of shooting buddies that are looking at the Supergrade, and because I have the one from 2 years ago, I've become the answer man.
I now have the correct info to relay.

Smooth
Old 04-11-2017, 01:44 PM
Gunner5
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you for the responses. Though I don't have the need to change barrels, the 'Supergrade' configuration seems the way to go.

MarkS and Longrange1, I like your set-up (one in silver and one in black) and this gives me a comparison of exactly what I am looking for. Are those 20" barrels?

I also see that none of you opted for the Titan cheekpiece.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:55 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner5 View Post
Thank you for the responses. Though I don't have the need to change barrels, the 'Supergrade' configuration seems the way to go.

MarkS and Longrange1, I like your set-up (one in silver and one in black) and this gives me a comparison of exactly what I am looking for. Are those 20" barrels?

I also see that none of you opted for the Titan cheekpiece.
Mine is 20" and I have been thinking about a cheekpiece.

Mark
Old 04-11-2017, 03:13 PM
LongRange1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
mine is also a 20" barrel but its moly not stainless...i didnt care for the titan cheek piece my buddy has one on his...mine is a neoprene sleeve with different thickness foam pieces to adjust the height...its comfortable was cheap and pretty easy to use.

also if you buy the kidd super grade and want to use the rear anchor in the titan stock youll need to buy the anchor from titan as the kidd anchor is different and wont work with the titan stock...if you plan to use the anchor with a different stock you will need the kidd anchor and have the stock inletted for the anchor.

Last edited by LongRange1; 04-11-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:21 AM
FORDFAN

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Another vote for the supergrade. I chose it over the classic because you don't have to worry about barrel droop issues and the ease of install. Plus barrel can easily be removed for deep cleaning. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:34 AM
hi2utoo
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi Gunner5,

You mentioned in your post that you'll be shooting from the bench, something you may want to consider is a stock designed for such. We do a lot of benchrest shooting at our club plus many of the members shoot the 10/22. Joe Chacon has some very nice stocks he's selling, e.g. of a recent build that shows one of the stocks, https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=903354.
Also if your looking for maximum accuracy off the bench we've found some of the custom barrel makers are giving us better results than the Kidd barrels. I shoot a Kidd Classic with a Douglas 24" tapered barrel and very happy with the accuracy.
If your interested in getting more information just goggle Auto Benchrest Association To contact Joe about the stocks and he can also discuss barrels and some of the advantages with them.

Les