Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-23-2020, 05:28 PM
vinceg
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
WIN52(R) magazine issues

Hello too all:

I finally had the chance to shoot my 52(R) due to the range facility being closed for COVID 19. The rifle shot very very accurately. I was pleased beyond words. However, the magazines of which I have 5 gave me fits. They are brand new Wisners & the rifle has been shot very little perhaps that is why? They went in & came out very hard. They went in w/ a little nudge & came out w/ the same. In anyone's experience what can I do w/o filing away & possibly ruining the mags? Thanks in advance for any & all the help...

Stay well & safe, Vince
Old 09-23-2020, 05:44 PM
Ceapea
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You will get many suggestions here to get factory magazines. Not too much love here for the Wisners. I have several Wisners for three different brands. All have been flawless and I highly recommended them. I actually use the Wisners instead of the factory mags for all. Why? Well, they work. And I can save the factory mags for collector value if I ever get rid of the rifles. Or should I say, when my heirs get rid of them...
Try modifying one, till it works. If it does, repeat. If not, get factory mags.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:34 PM
SillyMike
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have about 10 of Wisner, they all drop free.
- On 1 or 2 of them, I had to file the bottom of the dimple, for them to properly lock in place.

Any drag mark on your troublesome magazine(s) ?
Was your rifle tinkered with? As in, someone took the mag release mechanism apart and didn't put it back properly