Brno Arms mod 2 (Brno 2) 1977 ejecting fired brass problem - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:28 AM
marjan984

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brno Arms mod 2 (Brno 2) 1977 ejecting fired brass problem

Dear members,

I have notice that fired brass ejecting is poor.I fired 2 ammo brands, SK Standard plus and Pobjeda Gorazde Technology.
When i try with emty shells before they go to the chamber, ejecting is good, but when bullet go to the chamber, extractor do the job fine, but the empty shell just flip into recevier.All this is for emty shells.
Live rounds work well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170424_215006.jpg (488.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20170424_215039.jpg (488.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 20170424_215103.jpg (489.3 KB, 18 views)
Old 04-30-2017, 03:59 PM
mauser22
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Likely one of 3 things or combination.

1. S-K waxy stuff. Gums up extractors and chamber. - Clean

2. In pics your extractors look good but sometimes on the 2E's I have had to removed the burrs on the extractor slots in the bolt. With them removed just a little fine emory cloth (400 or 600) on something thin will let you get in the slot and do that.

3. And least likely. Check the condition of the ejector on the bolt guide in receiver bottom just behind the hole where the clip protrudes up. Sometimes (rarely) that is the problem and they need replaced.

I would do 1 and 2 first.

Don't panic, common problem and one or all three of the above will solve it.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:05 PM
mauser22
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
One other comment. If proofed 73 to 83 and has the closed off port like the original Mod 2 -

I have found that one must cycle the bolt vigorously to preclude occasional "flips" back into the breech area.

My daughter was having a problem with that on my 83 because she was cycling the bolt slow, lightly, and without force.

Let us know how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2017, 08:03 PM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
On the ones i have reshaped, I have found that along with a sharp edge, which yours seems to have, but they also need that angle to be further back. The angle from the edge to the top. That top flat should be shorter, which will give a better angle and allow the extractor to lay closer to the extractor slot in the barrel. The second pic up there shows how the extractor has a longer top than the holder. That angle is too upright and needs to be laid back more.

Last edited by Gizzy; 04-30-2017 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:06 PM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
If you notice here, the yellow line at the top of the modified extractor, that flat on top has been shortened when creating a steeper angle from the edge to the top.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:52 PM
cznut

TPC Rating: 
100% (103)
The biggest issue I have seen with CZ ejection is the case will drop from the holder/ extractor before it gets to the the post on the bolt guide, check that and see what happens, I remove the magazine to test this and pull the bolt back slowly and if this is the problem the case will drop right through the magazine well and out the bottom. The fix is quite easy if this is the problem. PM me if you need further assistance.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:14 PM
stojkovskimarjan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I strip the bolt, clean, but lubricate just a little bit.I cleaned the chamber and the holes around where extractor and ejector go, the magazine is good, push very well.
So i tried with live rounds just before i shoot last time and the cycles was good, but with empty shells ejection is poor.
Now when i try with empty shell from the magazin but not push into the chamber, just grab the shell from the magazine and pull bolt back the ejection is good, but if i push the empty case into the chamber and pull bolt back, that empty shell just drop to reciecer.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2017, 09:31 PM
Bill40718
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (25)
Check for roughness on the magazine lips.
About the length of the case back from the chamber mouth.
Empties catch on the roughness and flip out. Loaded rounds still have the projectile partially in the chamber and can be pulled over the roughness.

Just a thought, hope it helps.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:55 PM
stojkovskimarjan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill40718 View Post
Check for roughness on the magazine lips.
About the length of the case back from the chamber mouth.
Empties catch on the roughness and flip out. Loaded rounds still have the projectile partially in the chamber and can be pulled over the roughness.

Just a thought, hope it helps.
The magazine is just fine, there are no roughness ☺

Old 05-01-2017, 12:19 PM
stojkovskimarjan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauser22 View Post
One other comment. If proofed 73 to 83 and has the closed off port like the original Mod 2 -

I have found that one must cycle the bolt vigorously to preclude occasional "flips" back into the breech area.

My daughter was having a problem with that on my 83 because she was cycling the bolt slow, lightly, and without force.

Let us know how it goes.
My father told me the same.
I tried vigorously to cycle the bolt and in 90% ejecting work well.I think that the ammo is maybe a reason.
But interesting is that when i try with empty shell which not push to the chamber, even when i slow and lightly pull back the bolt, ejecting is perfect.( but then the shell not seat over the overall bolt face, just a half maybe)

Does my extractor gap is little bit big?

Old 05-01-2017, 07:14 PM
BulletBait

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
LR rim dimensions aren't consistent from mfg to mfg. Sounds like you're getting fired rim swell from possible excessive head space. If you can extract live rounds but not fired seems to be the clue. My #1 and #2 have zero problems extracting CCI Blazer, Fed 550 bulk and Winchester T22.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:43 AM
Gizzy

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stojkovskimarjan View Post
My father told me the same.
I tried vigorously to cycle the bolt and in 90% ejecting work well.I think that the ammo is maybe a reason.
But interesting is that when i try with empty shell which not push to the chamber, even when i slow and lightly pull back the bolt, ejecting is perfect.( but then the shell not seat over the overall bolt face, just a half maybe)

Does my extractor gap is little bit big?

That extractor gap is fine. I still think its that you need to change that angle a tad. I will do it for you, and if it does not work, you owe me nothing. All I would need will be the extractor.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:06 AM
stojkovskimarjan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That sounds fine....but i'm in Europe.
Can you assist me?

Old 05-19-2017, 12:52 PM
stojkovskimarjan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have no FTE with live rounds, they fly 10 ft ☺. But ejection of the empty shells is poor.If not pull the bolt vigorously, some shells just drop to the reciever.

Look at the 4 th round.

https://youtu.be/ZkFx5zgUKMg

Old 05-19-2017, 03:33 PM
cznut

TPC Rating: 
100% (103)
Once again if the extractor and holder are dropping the case before it get's to the ejection post you will not have good ejection I would check that with a empty case fired from your rifle or a new case with the bullet pulled, I have seen this time and time again in the CZ rifles