Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-10-2019, 03:37 PM
macarra67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile BRNO Mod 2 Scope

Hi Everyone i bought a second hand Brno Mod 2 .22 LR Rifle last month and it came with a scope. The scope is a LYCAN 3-9X56E. i think its heavy and a bit big for the rifle. should i use this scope or get a nother one, any help with this would be very welcomed.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:40 PM
JamesInAustralia

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think that scope is a Chinese one branded for the Irish market, never seen one here.
What does it shoot like? Are you going to be carrying the rifle a lot or is it going to be mainly a range rifle?
It does have a big lens, how high is it mounted?
Is your Model 2 in a Schnabel stock or a hogsback?
Probably hard to get a consistent cheekweld if it sits really high.

Any photos of it mounted?

Sometimes people will throw a scope on to sell a rifle, often not of the best quality.
My Model 2 came with a Nikko Stirling 6 X Nighteater fitted that didn't stay on after I got home.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:43 PM
nevadany
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Can't say I've heard of lycan scopes, but by the numbers, it's a big objective. I don't target shoot with my model 2's, so one is just irons, the other I go between an old Weaver k4 (fixed 4x) with fine cross hairs, and a Lyman all American 6x, also with fine cross hairs. However, being where you are, I don't know what scopes are available to you.

You're planned use of the rifle will guide you on scope selection

DW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2019, 08:31 AM
macarra67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadany View Post
Can't say I've heard of lycan scopes, but by the numbers, it's a big objective. I don't target shoot with my model 2's, so one is just irons, the other I go between an old Weaver k4 (fixed 4x) with fine cross hairs, and a Lyman all American 6x, also with fine cross hairs. However, being where you are, I don't know what scopes are available to you.

You're planned use of the rifle will guide you on scope selection

DW
Hi nevadany thanks for your reply, i think it was just a scope that was lying about in the gun shop and they threw it in with the deal. i am using the rifle for hunting so i would need something that would do the job.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:39 AM
macarra67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi JamesInAustralia thanks for your reply. i will be using the rifle for hunting so it would be too heavy on the rifle. my mos 2 is a schnabel stock i had problems mounting the scopei think the mounts are high i had to remove the reat sight to get it mounted.i have put a box of shells throught it but its to big looking so i think i will look for something smaller and lees weight. there are a good selection of scopes here so i think i will start looking for a new one.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:20 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For hunting a simple 4x or 6x scope, 32 objective,imho , is the ticket. Without the variable rong and the small objective lense, it will beeasier to mount low and still allow bolt handle clearance,
Old 11-14-2019, 06:19 AM
JamesInAustralia

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rabbits or Foxes a quality 4X or 6X is a good choice as has been said.
Not knowing what your game is or anything else about hunting in Ireland limits what I can say.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:59 AM
JEE

TPC Rating: 
100% (66)
An awesome little scope for these rifles is the Burris 4x Mini.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:43 PM
macarra67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Guys thanks for all your great information i would be hunting rabbits and foxs so i will have a look around some of the gunsmiths here and see what they have. thanks again guys your are all so very helpful.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:09 AM
HUSHKABOOM

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
2-7 rimfire Leupold works good for my rabbit hunting needs.