Old 11-01-2019, 07:34 PM
DGF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
Can you clarify this statement?

Iím CONFOOOOSED.

Kidd deals with a dealer (only one in Canada) in Western Canada. They could not come to terms ,so the seller will not be carrying Kidd parts in the future. It seems this has been happening with other international sellers. As for shipping north of the border, many places say no way because of laws or preference
Old 11-01-2019, 07:59 PM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGF View Post
Kidd deals with a dealer (only one in Canada) in Western Canada. They could not come to terms ,so the seller will not be carrying Kidd parts in the future. It seems this has been happening with other international sellers. As for shipping north of the border, many places say no way because of laws or preference
Gotcha- that makes perfect sense. I was completely unaware that there was only one Canadian importer of Kidd parts.

Given that scenario, the OP should listen to DGF here and order a Kidd barrel, bolt, charging assembly and single stage trigger if itís in his price range.
Kidd guarantees 1/2Ē groups at 50 yards, their triggers are without equal, their bolts are a no-brainer at the asking price and their charging rods slick up any action significantly.

At the very least, get a Kidd barrel. You wonít regret it.

DrGunner
Old 11-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Loke
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Ruger Target barrels are very good barrels. I put one on a Brownells receiver with stock Ruger parts that shoots very well. It is averaging under .250" groups at 25 yards, and aroound .350 at 50 with CCI SV. I haven't had the chance to give it a workout with any pure target ammo yet.
I believe that the Target barrel has the Bentz chamber. I would personally work on the trigger system first, and then change the barrel only if you cnat get it to shoot to your satisfaction.
Just one more note that may be of interest. A friend of mine put together a similar rifle, except he used a Kidd trigger, Volquartsen bolt and guide rod, and Kidd barrel. Mine shoots better than his.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:02 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke View Post
The Ruger Target barrels are very good barrels. I put one on a Brownells receiver with stock Ruger parts that shoots very well. It is averaging under .250" groups at 25 yards, and aroound .350 at 50 with CCI SV. I haven't had the chance to give it a workout with any pure target ammo yet.
I believe that the Target barrel has the Bentz chamber. I would personally work on the trigger system first, and then change the barrel only if you cnat get it to shoot to your satisfaction.
Just one more note that may be of interest. A friend of mine put together a similar rifle, except he used a Kidd trigger, Volquartsen bolt and guide rod, and Kidd barrel. Mine shoots better than his.
.350" @50 yards is your average group size with a Ruger OEM barrel? Or am I mistaking what you are saying? If not then you definitely have a "unicorn" on your hands. The other 99.9% of Ruger 10/22's out there are going to shoot better with a Kidd barrel than with the OEM. I still agree that anyone should shoot their rifle for a while with the OEM barrel to see how good it shoots before buying a replacement.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:52 PM
Loke
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes you read that correctly. 0.350" five shot groups with a factory stock Ruger target barrel purchased from shopruger.com last year. It is in a BRN-22r receiver with a stock Ruger bolt kit again from Brownells. I installed a BX trigger from another of my guns, and it is in a Boyd's ProVarmint stock. Given that it seems to be a unicorn of sorts, maybe I should have gotten the rainbow laminate when it was available instead of the blue.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:59 AM
GummyMonster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wink

[QUOTE=Loke;11658359]Yes you read that correctly. 0.350" five shot groups with a factory stock Ruger target barrel.

Wow, if mine is anywhere near that level of accuracy, Iíll be thrilled.

Iíll definitely shoot it for awhile before I decide on any big changes. All the information has been very helpful. Iíve found RFC to be the best forum Iím on ( and thereís a lot) with regards to helpful information, and people being friendly. Not condescending or ď my way is better than your ideaĒ attitude. Just helpful advice from knowledge and experience.

With regards to DGRís post about Kidd products in Canada, I emailed Dlask, the main supplier of Kidd items up here. I actually got a reply from the owner ( at least it was the owners name ) and he said that they will continue carrying Kidd products. He did state that with more difficult import / export laws. It takes a few weeks longer to restock, and just to be patient and keep checking their website.

Thanks again for all the great help.
Ken
Old 11-04-2019, 09:15 AM
DGF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=GummyMonster;11660015]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke View Post
Yes you read that correctly. 0.350" five shot groups with a factory stock Ruger target barrel.

Wow, if mine is anywhere near that level of accuracy, Iíll be thrilled.

Iíll definitely shoot it for awhile before I decide on any big changes. All the information has been very helpful. Iíve found RFC to be the best forum Iím on ( and thereís a lot) with regards to helpful information, and people being friendly. Not condescending or ď my way is better than your ideaĒ attitude. Just helpful advice from knowledge and experience.

With regards to DGRís post about Kidd products in Canada, I emailed Dlask, the main supplier of Kidd items up here. I actually got a reply from the owner ( at least it was the owners name ) and he said that they will continue carrying Kidd products. He did state that with more difficult import / export laws. It takes a few weeks longer to restock, and just to be patient and keep checking their website.

Thanks again for all the great help.
Ken
Thatís a change from 2 weeks ago when I talked to them. They said no more Kidd parts, when theyíre gone , theyíre gone
Old 11-04-2019, 09:54 AM
FlysAlot

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Dudes in Canada so Randy is not an option
No law against "calling" Randy and getting his opinion.

Pro Patria

Cives Arma Ferant

Cuiusque Devotio est Vis Regimenti
Old 11-04-2019, 03:01 PM
GummyMonster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question A new development.??

DGF, Iím now puzzled. I Emailed Dlask and Kidd at the same time. Dlask said they were continuing to sell Kidd products.
Kidd just replied, saying that they couldnít meet Dlaskís pricing demands, so they wonít be doing business together anymore. Sheís sending me information on a highly regarded exporter in the USA that has been serving Canadian customers with excellent feedback.
Once I get the info, Iíll pass it along, ASAP.
Ken
Old 11-04-2019, 04:21 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Imo the re-crowning probably isnt needed or will improve anything, and how will you know without base-lining it.
To find out whachagot:
1) Take it apart, clean it out, re-lube, assemble correctly; using the Gunsmither V-block
2) Install the quality trigger
3) Shoot it a bunch with cheap ammo to break you and the gun into each other
4) Find the ammo it likes, it will likely Not Be cheap, bulk ammo. If you havent seen it do see here on RFC Jaia's thread '50 at 200' thread (it's all about ammo).
As you are breaking it in you may want to start introducing other of the parts a piece at a time.
Btw, my 'utility ammo of choice now is CCI Blazer. It 'goes up' from there.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:38 PM
GummyMonster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking

gcrank1 - You pretty much outlined my exact plan after getting all the responses put together. Thanks for the ammo advice.

DGF - Shalee from Kidd just got back to me. Hereís the information on their preferred exporter , apparently theyíve had really good results serving Canadians:

Miken Inc. (for export services)
Reloading International
5006 NW B Avenue, Suite B
Pendleton, OR. 97801
[email protected]
phone 541-636-0966

Hopefully this will help others. Iím gonna give them an inquiry Email about selection, prices , and time frame for delivery.
Ken
Old 11-04-2019, 07:45 PM
DGF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyMonster View Post
gcrank1 - You pretty much outlined my exact plan after getting all the responses put together. Thanks for the ammo advice.

DGF - Shalee from Kidd just got back to me. Hereís the information on their preferred exporter , apparently theyíve had really good results serving Canadians:

Miken Inc. (for export services)
Reloading International
5006 NW B Avenue, Suite B
Pendleton, OR. 97801
[email protected]
phone 541-636-0966

Hopefully this will help others. Iím gonna give them an inquiry Email about selection, prices , and time frame for delivery.
Ken
Thanks for the information.
Donald
Old 11-04-2019, 09:55 PM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlysAlot View Post
No law against "calling" Randy and getting his opinion.
Thatís true. I thought that jammer22 guy was suggesting he have Randy work on the rifle
Old 11-05-2019, 08:11 AM
Jammer22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer22 View Post
Ken... ...Call Randy at CPC....
Quote:
Dudes in Canada so Randy is not an option
Ya can't call the USA any longer?!
Old 11-05-2019, 09:36 AM
Arrowhead
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm firmly in the "shoot it first camp". That is unless you are just dead set on spending a lot of money on changes that may net you only a tiny improvement in accuracy. You will never know how good you rifle is until you shoot it with different ammo and have facts in hand.

The only change I would do to it right now is a better trigger. The BX is a big improvement over the old metal trigger. The Kidd trigger is a big improvement over the BX.