Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-01-2018, 03:33 PM
Captain Hobo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

My boss gave me a Bass Pro gift card as a work bonus. I went there and bought a Case Leather Hunter Finn. Great little knife!!!
Old 01-04-2018, 10:09 PM
22-Rimfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I cut my teeth with Case slippies, a Barlow to be exact. When I was younger, I thought they were the BEST knives. They were sold at the local hardware store and I loved to go in there and look at the knives at a very young age. I can still remember the smell of the oil they used on their new knives.

Case replaced my first Barlow with a new one after the blade broke cutting a pine branch. I was just a kid and was heart broken and I will always think of Case fondly for that.

Now I'm all grown up and in the last 10 years I have mostly been buying Great Eastern Cutlery slippies. I look at Case knives primarily at SMKW in Sevierville TN when I'm up that way. The only thing I don't like about case knives now is that the springs are a little weak. They're weak, but acceptable with the snap test. With jigged bone, you some times see dye variations between sides.

Case knives are not expensive if you consider the US made competition excluding Bear & Sons.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:55 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Bumping up an old thread . . .

. . . I found a Case knife at a recent gun show. According to internet 'knife lore', Case commisioned a European manufacturer to build a limited number of SAK like knives for the Case. No identifiers, stamped INOX (Stainless). There was also one lock blade folder to. By the appearances of them, I'm guessing Degen.

The line was dead on arrival - people weren't interested in them. Case contacted Jim Parker, who took them over, but only on condition the blade have CASE XX - GERMAN IMPORT etch placed on the blades. An agreement was made and they were sold off in bulk lots. Not a popular knife at all. If you internet search Case XX - GERMAN IMPORT, you can find threads about them, Worthpoint threads are especially helpful. From what I've seen, 10 models were in this line.

The knife model is the I241 (I for Import). IS is 3 3/4" closed and has a spear blade - can opener - screwdriver / bottle opener with an awl on the back.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:03 PM
22-Rimfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That sounds like something Parker would do. Of course, we know that Jim Parker bought Case and owned it for a while. This was when commemoratives were first introduced in the Case line as I understand it. Parker of course sold Case. Some people say he ran Case into the ground??
Old 10-22-2019, 06:17 PM
Big Pete10
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought a couple Case Barlows this year, always wanted a Barlow, one is a 2 blade the other has one blade. Very nicely made. I haven't run into any made in China Case knives to date. Guess I better watch out.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:43 AM
loaded

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought two Case knives at two different yard sales this summer.

One was a 3 blade in well use shape for a buck(dollar).

The other was a 5265 SAB with stag handles and lanyard hole.
Its a folding two blade hunter style large knife.
Has a leather sheath, as far as I can tell its from the mid sixty's.
Paid the asking price of $3.00.

I'm happy with this knife as its in great shape. Grips have no chips
blades are not ground down and points have not been broken.
The blades snap shut when being closed.

Cheap knives yes, well when you find them like that.

I would not be afraid to pay the price for a new Case knife
that is made in USA now.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:59 PM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
$3.00 for a stag Folding Hunter pattern . . .

. . . I too think you came ahead on that deal. Likely the old carbon steel that takes a heck of an edge when properly sharpened. Congratulations on your good fortune.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:00 AM
woodchuckssuck
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Send a message via AIM to woodchuckssuck
Bought my dad a nice stainless case a few years back. Paid more at a local hardware store, but kept money local!

Personally, I'll take a victorinox sak over case. Why? If I ruin it or lose it... nothing special. Easy to sharpen, durable. I use the bottle opener as much as the blade haha

Case are worth the cost, if they are your kind of knife. Classic and classy

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk