The Watering Hole 1-11-2021 - Page 21 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:23 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS View Post
Got my first Covid-19 vaccine shot today. I received the Moderna vaccine. 2nd shot in 28 days. The wife had her first shot last Friday.
AZ, hoping it turns out ok and no trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
No range. It would be nice though. Then they could rent guns so customers could take them for a test drive. I'd love to test drive
I'd pay to do that.

Lotsa grief on the local news from disappointed folks that didn't get one of the less than 600 appointments today. Seems the county health website was 1/2hr late posting a link while others got a busy signal. Bugs.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:45 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I missed a big bunch today, but skimming thru...

Glue used on guitar repair was Titebond 3...Dad was strumming on it while I was chatting with him on the phone this PM

Send the barmaid over...I need a refill

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gobblerk5; 01-13-2021 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:55 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
NC's Vaccinations are a cluster all right, Alamance Co. is now going to an appointment system, we're in 1B right now but even with my COPD and Heart problems I'm too young. Only 70 and its for 75 and older, next group I'll qualify but so will 50% of the county so who knows how long it will take. Such is life.
Because of our DA Governor. TV news tonight said that Cooper had not approved the Feds reduction to 65+. I guess he will defy the Feds and make sure all the inmates get it first. Inmates got it but detentions officers don't.

Home from the farms. Flooded woods. Had to wade to my stand/feeder. No signs of bears. I think someone "raided" Fred's feeder. Evidence shows someone drove in there. Had to know where the hidden key was. You have heard me mention the pole stand [because the entrance is beside a power pole]. Flooded due3 to neighbor's thinning crew stopping up the flow to the ditch. Backs up on my property. Don't want to cause him trouble as he lets us have control of the 34 acres at no cost.

If you look real hard up the middle and at the back of the flood, you will see a brown spot that is the 50 gal barrel feeder.

All around the steps.

Menards has shipped me my order. More to come. Now ordered 2 of these transformers for lighting the buildings. Got 1 Monday. Got 1 in this box today. Got 2 more in a box just like it today too. My math says that is 4. Got two more boxes due Friday. That should be some LED strips. Only ordered two. Now we will see if they send one in each box or two in each box. Menards has lost money [including that upcharge for online ordering] on this deal.

BTW: look at the boxes they send then in. They are really paying shipping above what I paid. The one Monday was in a box just as big. Bet the ones Friday are that big and the contents are a lot smaller than the transformers.

R&R.

Last edited by Frank Eagles; 01-13-2021 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:59 PM
RichJ
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Good day all!

Good luck with that G.

I like it!

So many new guns look and operate exactly like each other. Nice to see some older guns that at least have some uniqueness about them!

My new blender/food processor just arrived. 1450W and 30,000 RPM. It"s a BEAST!

R[/QUOTE]

Ever watch will it blend?

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpP3rrNoEqo
Old 01-13-2021, 08:15 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (46)
Glad some of you got shots today. Good news!
Old 01-13-2021, 08:15 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Frank...is that a porta potty on stilts?

Old 01-13-2021, 08:16 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post
BTW: look at the boxes they send then in.
I've noticed that trend in shipping. I often get boxes much larger than they needed to be for the contents. I think they are saving money with a "one size fits most" approach.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:19 PM
mdew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
All caught up reading.

Doctors appointment this morning for the annual physical. All outward signs good, the lady drawing blood must have been a harpooner on a whaling ship, right age and force with the needle. Filled the first vacuum tube with blood, went to change tubes and pushed the needle through the vain. Had to pull back and stab again to get the second tube filled.

Should get the blood results tomorrow.

Dlong, PM sent.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:25 PM
GP_in_Minn
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COW 54 View Post
. . . My EDC for this week is a Star BM. A delightful little pistol.
I used to have one of those, really reliable. But what are those circular marks on the frame and slide?

Gregg
Old 01-13-2021, 08:33 PM
mdew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
I've noticed that trend in shipping. I often get boxes much larger than they needed to be for the contents. I think they are saving money with a "one size fits most" approach.

They might be just using what is on hand, with package shipping being figured not so much on weight as of cubic dimensions. The company I retired from, in our veterinary pharmaceutical division we would go through a couple million plus cardboard cases a year and were having trouble getting them.

With all the cardboard being shipped these days, would be nice to be in the cardboard business.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:50 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobblerk5 View Post
Dad was strumming on it while I was chatting with him on the phone this PM

Send the barmaid over...I need a refill
He that bad? Comin right up. When's the new chick start R?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdew View Post
All caught up reading.

Doctors appointment this morning for the annual physical. All outward signs good, the lady drawing blood must have been a harpooner on a whaling ship, right age and force with the needle. Filled the first vacuum tube with blood, went to change tubes and pushed the needle through the vain. Had to pull back and stab again to get the second tube filled.

Should get the blood results tomorrow.
Was she chewing gum at the same time too? You can tell which are the pros when they change vials. Good luck.
One of my peeves about blood draws are the ones that give ya a half hearted alcohol swab swipe before they shove a needle into my vein, like they're late for something more important than giving me a blood infection. Wipe it again please! One had the audacity to tell me, "I already threw it away." I'll pay for a new one! sheesh!

Finn's GF's daughter and another GF were downright hostile about the vac snafus today. I quit answering the phone.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:08 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes Al...Dad is not doing good... IMO. 2x hospital & rehab in 2020...poor circulation in legs, fluid retention, NOT diabeetus...blocked urethra...has suprapubic catheter now...home health PT & nurse weekly visits. He gets upset if I don't speak to him daily...stop by to see him 2-3x week and complete his "projects" he lines up for me

With his Trump2020 serialized Henry 22LR...

New power chair I got for him while he was in rehab 2x...

Selfie from parking deck when bringing him home from 3mo hospital/rehab stay in Charlottesville...the 2nd time...

He says that he's outlived his warranty...

Old 01-13-2021, 09:10 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post

It is standard size packaging. Started several years ago when freight went through roof. Allows shipping more packs and standardizes on boxes which increases production volume, reducing cost.

The air cell packing is cheaper than corrugated. The manufacturer’s cost of a box is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2021, 09:13 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobblerk5 View Post
Frank...is that a porta potty on stilts?

That is actually a plastic stand from some of Fred's hunting supply place. Maybe Sportsman Warehouse. Would not buy another one. He has one and will not admit it is not good. If we had real cold weather, would be OK. With the warm [hot] falls, they are hot. this is my deep woods stand. I have another one on the other highway just like it. Buddy builds them for me out of steel and plywood. Open but easy to shoot from and see out of.

Deep woods. [stairs added as got tired of climbing almost straight and pulling myself in]

The one on the other highway on the other side of the farms.

Added handrails to all for easier climbing with backpack and rifle.

OH. Forgot, went by Abrams drive thru and got qt. of collards and qt. of chicken pastry. Got home and Wifey had cooked porkchops smothered in brown gravy, mashed potatoes and little green peas. Added to that a bowl of collards. Rest of collards and the chicken pastry are for tomorrow night.

Last edited by Frank Eagles; 01-13-2021 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:20 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gobbler Al meant your Dad plays guitar so bad you need a drink.

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk