Semi Auto Hammer Spring Question - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-13-2021, 12:08 AM
LarDaBear
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Semi Auto Hammer Spring Question

Does anyone know if the hammer and other springs are the same in the 151 K & M as in the 250?
Old 01-13-2021, 09:29 AM
bone

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
I don't have any in front of me, but I would think the 250/300 series springs are shorter than the 151's. I know they are different part numbers, but that doesn't really mean anything. If I have time I will put a few out after work and compare, my spec book may even have them listed. So I will take a look at it first.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:06 AM
gunsisme
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Bone I believe you are correct the 250/300 series is slightly shorter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2021, 05:31 PM
bone

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
My memory served me well, they are not the same. The 200/300 series spring is about an 1'' shorter than the 151 spring. The only thing close between the two is the coil diameter.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:39 PM
LarDaBear

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
My WWF is having problems returning to battery and I've cleaned it spotlessly,lubed it nicely and even hit the inside of the receiver with a bronze 12 gauge brush attacted to a cordless drill.
The only thing I can think of after hours of tinkering with the gun and after a bunch of range sessions & swapping in different magazines is perhaps the spring has lost some tension.
It will feed a few rounds from the mag and then jam failing to feed and or the bolt not returning to battery. It sort of seems like the bolt is not retracting enough to feed the next round but I'm stymied why it won't go back into battery even if it has started to chamber the next round.
When the little gun does shoot it's pretty accurate for an open sighted rifle and I really like it.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:58 PM
bone

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Does it have a peep on it or is the filler plug screws in to far causing the bolt to hang up or drag.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:30 PM
LarDaBear

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I think I may have too many rifles(lol).
I rechecked and it's a Western Auto Revelation 125A which I believe corresponds to the Mossberg 352.
It is not drilled and tapped for a peep sight.
It does NOT have the fold down forearm and there are no serial numbers so at least I know it's pre 1968.
It takes regular 1220 (?) Mossberg 7 round detachable box magazines and is not tube fed.

Last edited by LarDaBear; 01-13-2021 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:18 PM
tfrank
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Regarding your spring question...

Regarding your spring question, you should go to post #4 for a picture of exactly what you asked about in post #1.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...ht=main+spring
Also the springs in the mag fed 3 series were designed to operate with HV Shorts, hence the weaker springs. It is also why a steady diet of HV anything can beat the snot out of the "retracting spring bushing" and/or the retracting spring plunger. As the pictures show!!!
How far short is the bolt from going back into battery??? Pictures are always helpful in diagnosing these things!!!
God Bless, Frank.