Springer air rifle for $200 or less - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-12-2021, 12:06 PM
RexFeral
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I bought one of the Beeman Silver Kodiak X2 Dual Caliber break barrels about a year ago at Wal-Mart. I think it was about $90 including tax. I am definitely no air rifle authority but it seem to shoot good to me. It did take a little while to get used to the artillery hold technique but, it wasn't too difficult to figure out.

The thing shoots surprisingly hard. I ordered a couple of tins of the Gamo .22 Lead Round Balls and they shoot good out of it. With the round balls it will penetrate about an inch of pine at about 15 yards.

V/r,
Rex
Old 01-12-2021, 12:52 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexFeral View Post
artillery hold technique
I know this thread is about a rifle, but how do you that with a break barrel pistol?
Old 01-12-2021, 09:21 PM
Oldgringo

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel View Post
If you are looking for a nice air rifle I would give a look
at the Weihrauch HW50. For a little more you can get a lot nicer and more consistent air rifle. They can be found at certain times for under $300. Are you wanting a .177 cal or .22 cal?
I have several German air rifles and if I were to surrender all but one, I'd keep my .177 caliber Beeman R7.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:19 AM
rockdrill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlbj6142 View Post
I know this thread is about a rifle, but how do you that with a break barrel pistol?
It is a different technique of course, but, like anything it comes down to practice.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:07 AM
GladesGuy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlbj6142 View Post
Pistol does not require it.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:22 PM
FlerpinDerHerpin

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
I'm no expert, but I am very happy with my Gamo Varmint and the scope that came with it.

It is not quiet, however!
I gave my son a Gamo Swarm Whisper for Christmas, he's gone through more than a tin of pellets so far, and it continues to shoot right where it's pointed. I won't say it's as accurate as my PCPs are, but it also doesn't require expensive support equipment to use.

That being said, I'd have got him a Parrus if they'd been on sale at the time. But I'm also a Walther fan, so I might just be fanboying a little. lol
Old 01-13-2021, 10:10 PM
Oldgringo

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee11 View Post
Ok guys, I've been researching and reading and reading and reading.....and I'm still lost. I want something new or refurb that can be ordered from a website or even bought used here. Not looking to wait around for the deal to pop up. I was recommended Gamo.by several people but after my online forums search, man Gamo has A LOT of negative feedback.

For sub $200, what are your thoughts? I'll be using this to take out backyard varmints....squirrels, moles and voles at 20-30 yards.

Thanks!
http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/
Old 01-14-2021, 12:59 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm wondering if Gamo quality has gone downhill. Mine is a great shooter, I'm plinking 1" tall silhouettes at 30' - from my sofa.

I don't know how old it is, though. I've had it many years - I think 2010/2011, and I bought it used. No serial lookup on their site.

Perhaps older ones were much better than current offerings.