Pike Industry? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-11-2021, 10:21 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Pike Industry?

What is the word on Pike Industry barrels? Any good?
Old 01-11-2021, 08:03 PM
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
no personal experience, but I've heard via members here that at least the barrels with the false suppressor (which I don't think they offer any longer) grouped very well..haven't heard any reports good or bad about the other barrels...at least not that I can remember

but I am on their notify list for when the 18.5" QPQ black nitride barrels are back in stock..https://www.tacticalinc.com/catalog/product/08324

been wanting to build a truck gun out of one of the black laminate mannlichers I have, and think this barrel, and a Bugbuster, will be a good choice for it
Old 01-12-2021, 08:49 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'm looking for a barrel for my Ruger Charger. I am wanting to keep the stock look of the tapered barrel. They offer an 8 in threaded barrel that would work for me. I'd like to have one that is more accurate than the stock one. Loads of heavy bull barrels out there but very few tapered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2021, 11:30 AM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
if you post a question with what you're looking for, the guys in the "Charger" forum can probably point you in the right direction

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...play.php?f=214
Old 01-12-2021, 03:41 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
90% of the Charger group have kidd bull barrels. .. I post there. I thought someone here might have an insight into how Pikes barrels are. I believe they make barrels for TI.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:33 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo22 View Post
I'm looking for a barrel for my Ruger Charger. I am wanting to keep the stock look of the tapered barrel. They offer an 8 in threaded barrel that would work for me. I'd like to have one that is more accurate than the stock one. Loads of heavy bull barrels out there but very few tapered.
Good question Indigo. Would like one for my project also.
Old 01-14-2021, 09:58 AM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
have you guys given any thoughts to having the factory barrel modded by recutting the crown and chamber? Ask [email protected] if he does his magic to Charger barrels

worked wonders on the factory 18.5" SS barrel I have on the mannlicher that I used to use as a squirrel gun
Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have thought about picking up a federson 10/22 barrel and having it cut and threaded. The cost to have it done by a local smith would be 175. Many of the manufacturers are not willing to do a one off custom. I found Pike makes exactly what I was looking at for a good price. Thus back to my original question. Quality?
Old Today, 01:52 AM
CPC
RFC Sponsor
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
Middletown CT, Earth, 1st door on the right
TPC Rating: 
96% (22)
There was 2 videos on YouTube by a gun writer Zack Carlson about Pike 4.5 inch barrel vs Ruger carbine barrel cut down to 4.5"... I can not find those videos now?..
Anyways, the cut down Ruger barrel was was much more accurate then Pike and did not cost $500...
I seen 2 Pike barrels and they were heat treated as hard as glass... I will not work on them...
The shortest barrel I will do now-a-days is 5.5 inches... Lathe does not like shorter...