Optics Ready TX22 Competition - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:19 PM
bridman225

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Optics Ready TX22 Competition

Happened to see this while walking by the magazine rack at the grocery store.

41C36257-E18E-4A4B-8E74-DD5E7BE67945.jpeg

Despite it being pretty fugly, Iím super pumped for a non reciprocating red dot mounted to the barrel.

I think Iíll be purchasing another tx22 soon.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:07 AM
jkv45
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I did see that the other day.

Odd-looking for sure.

Hopefully they have addressed some of the issues with the previous model.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:18 AM
Holliday
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I love my TX22, but until someone comes out with a barrel that's actually good enough for competition it's a waste of money to jazz it all up like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2021, 11:09 AM
toomanyguns

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holliday View Post
I love my TX22, but until someone comes out with a barrel that's actually good enough for competition it's a waste of money to jazz it all up like that.
The G&A article does mention that the new model has a bull barrel.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:01 PM
Holliday
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanyguns View Post
The G&A article does mention that the new model has a bull barrel.
Taurus made? If so, they ought to be ashamed of themselves for not taking care of all those chattered/defective barrels they put out, TX22 owners are STILL waiting for replacements, they should be taken care of first.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:32 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I primarily shoot mine at steel so I haven't really noticed the tumbling key hole bullets that everyone is talking about. For me on steel mine is quite accurate and reliable. I would imagine a dot site would make it even faster, looks pretty cool to me.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:59 PM
bridman225

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A link for more info

More info is available on Taurus’ webpage.

http://https://taurustx22.com
Old 01-19-2021, 07:43 PM
Jammer22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Taurus made? If so, they ought to be ashamed of themselves for not taking care of all those chattered/defective barrels they put out, TX22 owners are STILL waiting for replacements, they should be taken care of first.
Yeah but chatter marks in some pistols may or may not affect accuracy.

However in the worst gun culture in history, go right ahead an rip on Taurus for bringing out a new pistol... Smart Move....
Old 01-19-2021, 10:44 PM
Jbig

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bought my tx 22 about 3 months ago. Haven't had any problems at all associated with the gun. Very fun to shoot. Seen the add about the new competition model and I am thinking I might have to add it to the collection.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:20 PM
SimonRL

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi all, I've been lurking here since I decided to buy a TX 22 back in September. I've read all the negative comments so I consider myself the lucky one because my pistol has run flawlessly through 3,000+ rounds. Barrel has no issues whatsoever and I have had no issues with leading. I have a TruGlo green dot sight on it and can regularly hit bullseyes at 25 yds. This gun shoots as well as pistols I own that cost 4 times as much. I was thinking of getting a second one when I saw the release from Taurus about the Competition. I see Guns.com says that Taurus will offer a Competition Upper Kit for people who already own a TX22. Either way, I'll be getting one as soon as I can get my hands on it. I know Taurus has a lot of baggage and many people like slamming them, but I've got to say that my one and only Taurus purchase is definitely two thumbs up.
Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM
CraigC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Red dots require a match barrel to work? News to me.
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM
FALPhil
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRL View Post
Hi all, I've been lurking here since I decided to buy a TX 22 back in September. I've read all the negative comments so I consider myself the lucky one because my pistol has run flawlessly through 3,000+ rounds.
You aren't lucky, just normal.

There is a lot of Taurus hate out there because for decades,Taurus foisted a lot of turkeys on the gun-buying public. I daresay that most of the Taurus haters on this board have never even touched a TX22. Most everyone that owns a TX22 is having a similar experience to you. Yes, there is tool chatter in some barrels. And yes, those barrels shoot pretty well in spite of the chatter. I don't like the sights on mine. Guess what? There is aftermarket support for people like me.

I have a half dozen 22 LR handguns, including Rugers, High Standards, and Beretta. The TX22 is the one I shoot the most and have the most fun with. There is a reason for that.
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FALPhil View Post

There is a lot of Taurus hate out there because for decades,Taurus foisted a lot of turkeys on the gun-buying public. I daresay that most of the Taurus haters on this board have never even touched a TX22. Most everyone that owns a TX22 is having a similar experience to you. Yes, there is tool chatter in some barrels. And yes, those barrels shoot pretty well in spite of the chatter. I don't like the sights on mine. Guess what? There is aftermarket support for people like me.

I have a half dozen 22 LR handguns, including Rugers, High Standards, and Beretta. The TX22 is the one I shoot the most and have the most fun with. There is a reason for that.

Love my Taurus TX22
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM
copfish
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Thumbs up

The TX-22 I got is an early one and Iíve had no issues. Fun plinker and earned a spot in my range bag. New shooters keep going back to the TX-22 or KelTec P-17. Great value and fun shooter. Iíll get a TX-22 Competition as soon as I find one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALPhil View Post