Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Magazine Alternatives for Weatherby Anschutz xxii

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  bowwild 
#1 ·
I've gone a bit crazy this week. Traded for a .17 HMR Weatherby XXII Bolt and just bought a Weatherby XXII bolt .22 about an hour ago. Both should arrive next week.

Both rifles have magazines but I'd like to find a spare for each, especially the Anschutz one. It is a 64 action.

I"m wondering if the current Anschutz 64 mag will fit this Weatherby/Anschutz collaboration of if there is another alternative.

Thanks
Roy

#5 ·
I've gone a bit crazy this week. Traded for a .17 HMR Weatherby XXII Bolt and just bought a Weatherby XXII bolt .22 about an hour ago. Both should arrive next week.

Both rifles have magazines but I'd like to find a spare for each, especially the Anschutz one. It is a 64 action.

I"m wondering if the current Anschutz 64 mag will fit this Weatherby/Anschutz collaboration of if there is another alternative.

Thanks
Roy
I bought one of the five round mags for my Weatherby/Anschutz XXII bolt in 22LR several years ago. Don't know about other mags for it or alternatives for the semi-autos.

http://item.brownells.com/brands/wi...azines-savage-5-round-fits-35346585416982.htm

#6 ·
The old style Savage 5 shot 22LR mags should work in your Weatherby Anschutz. They work in my Cooper and they worked in the 54 action Anschutz that I had. As I recall the 64 and 54 use the same magazines? I have not seen any info about Weatherby semi auto magazine alternatives. Most likely none are available? And add to that the difference in Italian and Japan made guns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.