Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Got one !

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  mikeingeorgia 
#1 ·
First revolver ever . Ruger Single Six . 6-1/2 barrel , 22lr only . Serial # indicates 1986 . Tight & clean . Locks up nicely . Took it to the range Tuesday . Seems like I have some trigger time ahead of me to get used to shooting this gun . Read all threads concerning accurracy & have concluded grip & trigger pull are probably what is affecting my groups . No lead fouling , bore is bright & shiney . No signs of timing issues . Love the whole process of loading , shooting unloading . Extremely happy with my purchase (Out the door for $280.00) :bthumb:
I have new rosewood grips enroute from Midway . While I have the old grips off is there anything I should inspect/clean up in there before installing the new grips ?http://
http://

See less See more
#3 ·
Great find and a great price. While the grips are off give it a good cleaning with gun scrubber and re-oil all metal to metal contact points sparingly with something like Break Free CLP. You also may want to remove one leg of the trigger return spring from the post (or bend both legs slightly with a pair of needle nosed pliers) to lighten the trigger pull a little.

#10 ·
Thanks everybody ! Pretty excited to get the new grips on . I will definitely clean her up & do the "Poor mans trigger job" . I have a feeling some type of trigger work was already done to this pistol . The trigger pull is far from offensive as is . we shall see ;)
Al

#12 ·
Nice find!

If you find you don't like those Pachmayr grips, try a set of traditional grips. (EDIT- apparently you did discover just that!)

I started with factory issue Ruger grips, tried that exact Pachmayr grip for a while, and discovered the standard issue grips were actually better for me. I just had to realize that the pinky goes under the grip and all was as it should be. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.