Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:27 AM
c1a1
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BRNO MOdel 2E

Recently picked up a BRNO MOdel2E. It is different from all the others I have seen. Wood is walnut, without the schnaubel(?) style stock. Have only seen what appears to be stained Beech wood. Production year is 1973. Unable to send pics, as firearm is at a stock maker getting the dents steamed out. Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:39 AM
nevadany

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1a1 View Post
Recently picked up a BRNO MOdel2E. It is different from all the others I have seen. Wood is walnut, without the schnaubel(?) style stock. Have only seen what appears to be stained Beech wood. Production year is 1973. Unable to send pics, as firearm is at a stock maker getting the dents steamed out. Thanks in advance for any info.
Hard to assess without pictures. Aftermarket stock maybe?

The only factory M2 stock, I know of, without the schnabel forend was only on the 1956 Model 2. I think they were training rifles...the stock is similar in appearance to the 452 American stocks and came in beech, walnut and checkered walnut.

Post pics when you can.

DW
Old 10-06-2017, 02:45 PM
beartrax

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Model 2

I have a 1957 Model 2 with the "fat stock" that is factory. These did not have a schnabel on the stock. With Brno never say never.
I think WCF 35 also posted some pictures of one; however, they are lost to the Photo Bucket fiasco.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2017, 06:58 PM
mr.big

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Model 2 Deluxe`s had walunt stocks with checkering at the grip but not on the forend,,,regular Model 2`s had beech stocks,,

I think the Model 2E came on latter than 1973 though,,are you sure it isnt marked 78 instead of 73??
Old 10-06-2017, 07:00 PM
mr.big

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I am pretty sure the 2E was CZ made ,,making it pretty much exactly like a 452 Trainer
Old 10-06-2017, 09:26 PM
c1a1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.big View Post
Model 2 Deluxe`s had walunt stocks with checkering at the grip but not on the forend,,,regular Model 2`s had beech stocks,,

I think the Model 2E came on latter than 1973 though,,are you sure it isnt marked 78 instead of 73??
Will check it out when I get the firearm back.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Tiger-Ock

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had a vivid hunter's dream, no nightmare this, but as exciting as a dreamer could want...

I was back in my barn, CzechZ American .22 in hand in search of the gray squirrel. One had been sighted earlier in the front yard. Patiently waiting inside, barnyard Stuart pecan tree outside the door.

A gray flash caught my eye and I saw the Tub, bypassing the front yard papershell tree, and climbing the adjacent maple. A favorite trick of these filthy animals, this method of entering an adjacent tree to fake Ock Orion out. From the the maple to the pine across the driveway, on to the next pine and into the barnyard tree. Squirrels for sure, but certainly sly.

This action, except for entry into the maple was unseen to hunter Ock, but Ock had seen this play before, like a keen defensive back, waiting for an easy interception.

Soon the Tub appeared, Ock unseen to the rodent. Tub made the mistake of lying flat against a limb and providing a back stop for an errant shot or a through and through.

From his lair, the mighty Ock, raised his true .22, taking his time, but quickly, laid the center of the reticle just above the neck, inhaled softly and broke. An Aguila round, smelling like Eley, spun out the barrel. Direct hit.

Tub did not fall and Ock saw the entry wound through the Leupold, set at 4x, bloodless through the fur. A trice later the rodent spun, head down, claw clinging to the aligator bark of the pecan tree. A flow of blood, like port poured from a bottle flowed to earth, and the gray body fell behind it as the death throes set in.

Tub hit the ground with a satisfying soft thump, flinched and twisted, tail flailing for a second or two. Then all was still.

A quick necropsy revealed that the direct hit had entered the right jaw and exited the skull with a fearful explosion of tissue, hence the flow of wine red blood. This was certainly a dream, the perfection of this execution could not occur in Nature.

Ock, still in the arms of Morpheus, groaned with pleasure with the thought: Coyote Bait.

Then I woke up.

I looked. There was blood on the ground.

Last edited by Tiger-Ock; 10-06-2017 at 09:40 PM. Reason: True story; dream came true...
Old 10-07-2017, 04:04 AM
Branches

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Like!!!

Like!!!!!
Old 10-07-2017, 08:25 AM
beartrax

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice Dream

I could smell the Eley smoke...............perhaps you should write a novel, you certainly have read a few.

John
Old 10-08-2017, 02:26 PM
c1a1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.big View Post

Year of manufacture is 1973. Serial # range 1958xx. Will put up pics when I receive the forearm back. Thanks again for all the info.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:09 PM
c1a1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Model2

Got the firearm back this weekend. Stamp on barrel is Model2, not 2E. Rifling is 12 groove, is that common for a 1973 Model2?

Last edited by timberbeast; 11-21-2017 at 04:06 PM. Reason: corrected year
Old 11-21-2017, 07:28 AM
nevadany

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1a1 View Post
Got the firearm back this weekend. Stamp on barrel is Model2, not 2E. Rifling is 12 groove, is that common for a 1973 Model2?
Yes. My '72 Model 2 has a 12 groove barrel. I also had a '70 Model 5 that had the 12 groove barrel.

DW

p.s. curious to see the stock!

Last edited by timberbeast; 11-21-2017 at 04:06 PM. Reason: corrected year
Old 11-21-2017, 04:07 PM
timberbeast

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
A rare BRNO Model 2.... always of interest.