Standard part into a BX? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:04 PM
Linedog

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Standard part into a BX?

Hey all so I did the auto bolt release mod on my stock trigger assembly. Now I have a BX trigger assembly and was wondering if I can just swap out the part?
Old 03-25-2016, 09:15 PM
Andy_PHA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes you can with no problems
Old 03-26-2016, 12:23 PM
noshow
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_PHA View Post
Yes you can with no problems
Plus One! Perfect swap out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2016, 02:26 PM
Linedog

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Weekend project underway.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:44 PM
CATMguy445
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to CATMguy445
Maybe I'm missing something here, but why would you want to go to the trouble (which admittedly isn't very much) to take the BX parts out of a BX-Trigger Group and replace them with standard 10/22 parts and then put it back in the rifle?

Wouldn't it be a lot simpler to just put the standard trigger group back in the gun?

Or if you want to put a BX-Trigger in your 10/22, all that's necessary to do that is to pull the T/G retaining pins out and swap the factory T/G for the BX-Trigger. I'm really not clear on why you would need to take any parts out (other than doing the auto bolt release mod) of either trigger group. As the King of Siam once said, 'Tis a puzzlement.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:27 PM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
auto bolt release

I just installed a new BX trigger, and removed my auto bolt release from the factory trigger and dropped it right in the BX. I don't believe any other parts will swap.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:54 PM
Linedog

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon p View Post
I just installed a new BX trigger, and removed my auto bolt release from the factory trigger and dropped it right in the BX. I don't believe any other parts will swap.
Thanks, all I want to do is swap out the auto bolt release part. It went perfectly thanks all.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:04 PM
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon p View Post
with the exception of the hammer, sear, disconnector, and trigger blade...everything will swap between the BX and the standard trigger group
Old 03-27-2016, 12:43 PM
CATMguy445
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to CATMguy445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linedog View Post
Thanks, all I want to do is swap out the auto bolt release part. It went perfectly thanks all.
Okay, NOW it makes. The way the original post was worded left a little room for interpretation, and I obviously overthought way too much when I read it. I wasn't sure which part you were referring to when you asked about swapping out the part. My bad.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:42 PM
Seajac
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATMguy445 View Post
Maybe I'm missing something here, but why would you want to go to the trouble (which admittedly isn't very much) to take the BX parts out of a BX-Trigger Group and replace them with standard 10/22 parts and then put it back in the rifle?

Wouldn't it be a lot simpler to just put the standard trigger group back in the gun?

Or if you want to put a BX-Trigger in your 10/22, all that's necessary to do that is to pull the T/G retaining pins out and swap the factory T/G for the BX-Trigger. I'm really not clear on why you would need to take any parts out (other than doing the auto bolt release mod) of either trigger group. As the King of Siam once said, 'Tis a puzzlement.
He wanted to install the 'Auto Bolt Release and the Ruger BX-25 Trigger. The trigger assembly comes with the standard bolt release. In this case, he would need to remove the bolt release from the new BX-25 Trigger Assembly and install the Auto Bolt Release.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:38 PM
Ei79

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just an update for those who are interested, all the internal components from a new bx trigger assembly are a direct fit in the older style aluminum housings. I did the swap to keep my factory stainless trigger guard with my stainless reciever.