Best 10/22 Set up for defense - Page 6 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:55 PM
bass_singer
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

If you'd like to see a Surefire M6, RebelSquirrel is selling one here.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:52 PM
crit_boy
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I vote for let them take all my stuff - thats why i have insurance. Then I get to buy all new stuff and not replace the crap i don't want anymore. Like instant e-bay at full replacement value.

I own 5 guns. They are all individually locked up. The ammo is locked up separately. And everything is in the basement. In order to get to my guns, i would have to walk passed the bad guy from my 2nd floor bedroom, and tell him to hold on while i find the keys.

If you live somewhere that you really need a gun to protect yourself - stop buying guns and move.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Beckett72
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crit_boy
I vote for let them take all my stuff - thats why i have insurance. Then I get to buy all new stuff and not replace the crap i don't want anymore. Like instant e-bay at full replacement value.

If you live somewhere that you really need a gun to protect yourself - stop buying guns and move.
I like your insurance proposal, on the other hand, which COUNTRY would you recommend?!
Old 03-27-2006, 03:21 AM
mason859

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bull Barrel Model. Use like bat from behind.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:56 AM
cdevon1200

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to cdevon1200
muhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

now that i found out how to post a pic everyone is not safe from me!
home defence+ 12 ga. pump action Shot Gun(If the SOUND OF THE ACTION DOES NOT DETER THAN THE REPORT OF THE GUN FIRING SHOULD IF THAT WONT DO IT THAN THE PAIN OF THE "00" buck shot WILL!!!
Old 04-07-2006, 09:39 AM
cdevon1200

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to cdevon1200
Exclamation bestter than anything so far!!

wil come out latter this year, its currently undergoing testing, but secret reports are very good inn both rate of fire, and range, but its loosing poi after a few shots due to ":Hair balling"
its called the Feelinn 9-L, and its a full auto, belt fed short range cat launcher! feature includ: night vision, "claw loaded" grandes, actustic warning, rapid deployment and newly developed "smart" box technology.
pics comming soon.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crit_boy

I own 5 guns. They are all individually locked up. The ammo is locked up separately. And everything is in the basement. In order to get to my guns, i would have to walk passed the bad guy from my 2nd floor bedroom, and tell him to hold on while i find the keys.

I used to live in Torrance, CA. One of the nicest cities in the Greater L.A. area. House across the street got broken into. Owner told police "I thought this was a nice neighborhood." Police told her there is no such thing. Lived in Breckenridge, Colorado. Ski resort, lived there back in the 70's. Many breakins. Where do you propose that people live where there is no such breakins? Lived in Milton, Fla., small town in Northwest FLA. Happened there too. Oh I know, how about out in the middle of the Mojave Desert? Nope, happened there too. Where is this mythical place?

By the way, I don't believe in using ANY rimfire for personal defense, that is a fools job. Sending a pipsqeak to do a man's job. Bad joojoo, Not a good idea, don't do it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 04-07-2006, 11:50 AM
dano18

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
here's my home defense- 10/22 and 1911 Commander:

Old 04-07-2006, 02:51 PM
KY Ratshooter
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Use a stock model gun. Place the barrel on the floor and the butt under the doorknob. Give the barrel a good kick to secure it so you can run and get a real gun!!

Home invasions are the big thing in my area now. Multiple intruders, heavily armed, comming in loud and fast. Victims are ALWAYS SHOT OR BEATEN BEYOND RECOGNITION. Gang rape is the general fate of any women in the house.

Good neignborhoods?? Those are the ones they are loking for! Poor folks don't have any good stuff to steal!!!

Rich folks in good neighborhoods don't bother to lock their doors while they eat dinner.

If your life is in danger trade your 10/22 for a real gun. You can always find a 2x4 to brace the door.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:20 PM
cjorod

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile

Old 04-10-2008, 03:22 PM
torpedoman
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
call 911 the cops will get there in time to investigate the homicide it can be your or theirs your weapon availibility will decide which.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Doc TH
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
10-22 for defense

As usual, this sort of thread gets off into battling opinions as to the effectiveness of the 22LR, rather than addressing the original question that had the premise that a 10-22 WILL be used for defensive purposes, and asked opinions re. what would be the best configuration. Maybe that's the only gun he/she has?

I generally agree with Rebelyell. Save for improvements in the trigger or hammer with components from proven reliable sources, I would keep the rifle as simple and as "stock" as possible. That means manufacturer's magazines. With a relatively low power round, absolute reliability is the most significant factor.

To add a little fuel to the fire, however, the Israelis issued 10-22s with suppressors and 4X scopes for riot control purposes, as they thought it was a low-lethality intervention. The intent was to shoot rioters in the legs, etc., but some snipers took to aiming at the trunk. They then quickly found it was much more lethal than presumed, often rapidly so. They had to restrict its distribution to special units.

Would a 10-22 be my first choice? No.
I would prefer a 12 ga., or a handgun with a minimum 9mm or .38 +P load.revolver with the old FBI +P load.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:53 AM
CajunBass

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to CajunBass
Well, since a 22 isn't the best defensive tool I could think of, I probably wouldn't go to any trouble to fix one up for defense. If I had the money to set one up, I'd have the money to buy an inexpensive shotgun or something else.

Would I use one if it was all I had? Well, you'd be an idiot to say you wouldn't. It might not be an M14, but it's a gun. You can shoot something with it if you have too. You can shoot something a bunch of times. More if you do happen to have a hi-capacity magazine, which it seems that everyone who owns a 10/22 (except me) has. It would be a lot better than depending on teeth and claws which I seem to be short on these days.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:08 AM
atoms

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Best 10/22 for defense?

Charger + red dot + 25 round mag + Aguila Super Maximum
Old 04-11-2008, 08:49 AM
snipester

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
cjorod,did you cut off all three toes on your right foot,while taking that photo? Did you kick that knife,or drop it? lol, TZ