Market for factory 17 hmr barrels? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-20-2020, 08:33 AM
Fireroad

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Market for factory 17 hmr barrels?

Well, after a 4 months waiting I got the call last Friday to pick up my new CZ American 457. Stopped in the shop the next morning to check out the rifle and and start the paperwork. Beautiful rifle although I was a little disappointed in the stock, the wood was not any more exciting then my 80's vintage 10/22 with beechwood stock.

I was still going to purchase but when I looked up on the rack I noticed another 457 came in, a combo package with 22 and 17hmr barrels. I had them take it down and the wood was just beautiful! Unfortunately the riffle was $150 more and while that's still in my budget it eats into funds for scope, rings, and off course ammo.

I'll likely never shoot 17hmr so my first thought was buy the gun and sell the extra barrel. Is there much of a market for factory 17 hmr barrels? The ones I found on the big auction site seems to go for $100 to $160 with about $125 being average. Thanks!
Old 10-20-2020, 02:23 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (61)
You are in the ballpark. Should sell for 100 buyer pays shipping or $125 shipped. You can throw in the 17HMR Magazine to sweeten the deal. At $150 you may sit on it for awhile.
I would consider the $50 or so difference the price of a fancier stock with pride of ownership and enhanced enjoyment. Worth it to me.

Last edited by HUSHKABOOM; 10-20-2020 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:53 PM
JMK
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Keep the set. Your future self will thank you.

JMK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2020, 08:09 AM
TT92
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I paid $100 shipped for an un-fired 17 HMR Varmint Barrel about four months ago.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:40 AM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Fireroad sir to start with to RFC where we here will help you spend more money on rimfire stuff than you ever dreamed of...I know I have and love every minute of it.

Anyway to answer your question it sounds like you did buy the two barrel set CZ rifle and if you have never shot a 17hmr sir your in for a treat...If it was me I would keep the set together. You never know what is coming down the road and if this is your very first CZ then congrats...and if so then you should know your infected now with CZitis...and you will be looking for another rifle in less than 6 months.

I know something about this all I wanted was one rifle something different...you see I have 4 daughters and the second and third were both in college and the fourth was a HS senior...so my fun money was going to be tie up for a while. I bought my Very first rifle a CZ 452 FS in 22mag...and I bought one a month from March 2015 until July 2015.

Today I have 16x of them...and still looking. So sit back and relax and enjoy the ride I know I have.

you never know you might want a 455 FS with an American barrel on it one day:

Signalman

Last edited by Signalman; 10-23-2020 at 08:44 AM. Reason: added the 455 FS picture