Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:56 PM
DUX4LIFE
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
81 DL problems

I just picked up my fathers model 81 DL for my son. As a kid it was never shot very often and now I know why. It don't work. The shell would not feed into the chamber. Working the bolt placed the bullet to the right of the chamber. I bent the feed lips over a little and got it to work. Today my son was shooting it and it started to act up again. The bullet was going below the chamberdue to the newly bent lips. I also found out that the mag tube is loose in the dovetail under the barrel, that is what caused the first problem. How can I tighten that? If I can center the tube and hold it tight I will bend the lips back to where they were. Would you have any other suggestions. Also the original scope has a broken mount. I found someone that made replacement bases but lost the thread. Anyone know where it was. Thanks
Old 05-25-2006, 10:57 PM
pmullineaux
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
make sure you are not missing the little feeder clip that hangs down right in front of the bbl chamber. also i would remove the glass on that rig and get in touch with a guy here named jrh or jlh, see if you can get a factory peep site assy for it. You will see two screws about 1 inch apart on the left rear of the receiver. The peep is what goes there.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:11 AM
DUX4LIFE
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Do you have a pic of the peice your talking about? I have removed the scope and it is equipped with a peep already. I thought abut getting the original scope cleaned just to have it but I want to use a newer scope on the rifle. This is for my son since I got 5 or 6 other .22s for me. Trying to talk him into a new 10-22 but he wants ths one...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2006, 07:55 AM
vepr762

TPC Rating: 
91% (10)
FYI,

There have been a lot of 81 parts on Ebay recently. You may be able to find what you need.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:23 PM
magna1404
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Did you find the part you required. I can always take some pics for you to see if this part is broken.

regards

mic
Old 05-30-2006, 08:10 PM
pmullineaux

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

sorry, this is the best my wallyworld camera can do. but if you look towards the top of the opeining, you will see a v shaped piece that comes out, down a little bit, then up. this helps guide in the bullets.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:09 AM
whiffelball

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My camera has trouble with close-ups, too. I zoom in all the way and walk backwards until it seems like a close up. It helps with our "inexpensive" cameras.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:19 PM
DUX4LIFE
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'll try to take a pic tonight and post it to show what I have. I think I need to tighten the bottom dovetail first to keep the tube magazine from floating around..