Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Uber pricing

1K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  eflyguy 
#1 ·
I know that Uber's pricing changes with demand and time of day but this is silly.

My car's in the shop and I got a call telling me that it is ready. So I figured that instead of going home and then going back out, I'd just Uber to the shop. So I go to order up an Uber and it was $19. I then wondered how much I'd save by going home and walking the mile to the shop after dinner. Nope, it's $24 to get home. So change the address to the shop and it's now $25. All of this took less than a minute.

#3 ·
I'm easily confused so maybe everyone else gets what I'm missing but what in the hell does someone's ideas about social injustice have to do with the price of an uber lift? :confused: Or are you just trying to throw a political dig into the man's thread because it looked like an opportunity to start a food fight?

This post has been deleted
#5 · (Edited)
Haven’t taken an Uber in a while, but I hear prices went up just like every thing else. Wife and I used to Uber into the city for $50 and back home for $50. It was $50 more than driving in, paying tolls and parking. Only you can pound a few back and not have to worry about getting pulled over. Well worth the price. Not sure what a ride into the city is nowadays. Back in the day when my buddy was a big executive he would just call his driver and we would go all over the city drinking like fish and have a good time. That ride ended when they gave him a golden parachute. Once in a while we still give Fast Eddy a call to drive us around. Not bad if you split it with 4 guys. $10,000 for a DWI vs $100 for someone to drive you around all night is a bargain.

#7 ·
Around here there are plenty of Uber and Lyft drivers. When you order an Uber, they don’t know where the ride is going until they get to your house. Sometimes when they pull up, they see you want to go into the city. I’ve had drivers flat out tell me they don’t want to drive to the city and call another driver. Problem is, when they are in the city, they are not allowed to pick up a ride back to jersey. Crazy rule. If they could get a gig back to Jersey it would be worth their while.

#13 ·
Before uber was a thing, I tried calling a taxi. They told me that it would be two hours before I'd see one. When I call an uber, it's usually there in ten minutes.

Uber cars are usually clean unlike taxis. Uber cars are also pretty new, unlike taxis. When you call an Uber, you get the make and model of the car, the license plate number and a photo of the driver which you can forward to a friend.

#25 ·
When you go on the Uber app, it asks you where you are going so they can price it. Drivers don’t know where the ride is going otherwise they would cherry pick all the easy rides.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.